YFZ Central banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just did my first oil change yesterday on my YFZ450 and today when I checked the oil level before starting it it showed empty but when on it’s over full

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
On the oil change with filter change add 1.25 quarts. Fire it up (level ground) and let it idle for 2 minutes dont rev it broom broom broom let it idle. Kill the engine. Wait like 25 seconds, unscrew the dipstick, wipe it clean, insert it without screwing it, pull out and look at the level, if it is low add some VERY SLOWLY as the oil level rises faster when it is almost full and check again .

It takes 1.53 quarts WITH oil filter change.

It takes 1.48 quarts WITHOUT oil filter change.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
If u want the 14+ service manual i can email it to you

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
How often do you guys change out the copper gaskets in the 2 drain plug bolts? Every other change? Always? Or never if no seepage...

Any non oem replacements i can buy in bulk?

·
Registered
477 Posts
I usually add 1.5qts.....Don't forget to drain your oil from your front and rear oil drain bolts!

What he said. Do not exceed 14 ft/lbs when tightening your drain bolts. 7.2 ft/lbs on your oil filter cover. It’s common. Don’t be that guy that snaps the head off a bolt or strips out the threads and makes an oil change a nightmare.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
813 Posts
Rocky Mountain sells an ATV oil change kit where you get the oil, a filter and a crush washer to replace the old one. Or you can just order them in bulk.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts