YFZ Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to yamaha. I'm coming from Canam. When changing my oil all I do is drain oil from plug next to shifter and center of front of engine and remove oil filter and replace with a new one then do I add 1.53 qrt into left side of engine where dip stick is. And I should be ready to go. Am I missing anything. I ran rotella in my canams I'm guessing it's fine in the yamaha also.

·
Registered
177 Posts
nope, rotella's fine just let it idle for a bit and re-check it after adding oil make sure you don't over tighten the plugs, you have to use your hand to start the one on the center front, it will cross thread and strip if you use a socket to start it, i learned from experience

·
Registered
177 Posts
I couldn't get it to start through my skid plate so i got frustrated and shoved it in the with a rachet lol 140$ for a helicoil to be put in haha

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts
Don't forget both oil drain bolts are torqued to 14ft•lb and oil filter cover bolts to 7.2ft•lb. Per the Yamaha service manual.

You may want to replace the 4 rubber o-rings every few oil changes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.