YFZ Central banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I CHANGED MY OIL AND FILTER WITH YAMALUBE OIL AND K & N OIL FILTER THEN WENT RIDING. WHEN I CAME BACK THERE WAS OIL ALL OVER THE REAR AXLE AND EVERYTHING ELSE. IT RAN PERFECT, NO PROBLEMS THROUGH THE WHOLE RIDE AND I RODE IT HARD.

THE PROBLEM IS THAT I PUT TOO MUCH OIL (2 QTS TO BE EXACT) BUT BEFORE I EVEN RODE I REALZED HOW MUCH I PUT IN AND SUCTIONED ABOUT 1/2 QT OUT. IS THERE A BLOW OUT VALVE SOMEWHERE? I HAVE EVEN CHECK THE OIL AND IT STILL LOOKS AND SMELLS JUST FINE. WILL THIS OIL STP BLOWING OUT ONCE IT HAS REACHED A CERTAIN LEVEL?

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR INPUT, HAVE AN AWESOME DAY!

·
Registered
461 Posts
I bought a yfz the other day and someone had done the same thing over filled the oil. What happens is the extra oil comes out of the valve cover tube that goes to the canister in the back and then to the air filter box. Just clean up the oil off of everything and make sure your oil level is right and ride it

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts
1 quart to the oil tank and 1 quart to the stator, hopefully you're not putting those 2 quarts in the tank

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts
I've had no problems, yet :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE (CMAT @ Feb 8 2009, 12:37 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=743761
I bought a yfz the other day and someone had done the same thing over filled the oil. What happens is the extra oil comes out of the valve cover tube that goes to the canister in the back and then to the air filter box. Just clean up the oil off of everything and make sure your oil level is right and ride it[/b]

Thank you, your info is very helpfull!

·
Registered
7,313 Posts
QUOTE (A5YRMAN02 @ Feb 8 2009, 08:28 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=743894
I have used Yamalube since I have had it. Do you recommend something better?[/b]
I personally don't like Yamalube, but that's just my opinion. I have always ran either Maxima or Amsoil in my 4 strokes. I had a friend that got me started on Amsoil, and after seeing how good the engine internals looked after a LOT of hours........I've stuck with Amsoil. A guy that used to race with us said he sent his motor to Baldwin Motorsports for some work and he said Mark Baldwin himself called him and wanted to know what kind of oil he'd been running. The guy told him he'd been running Amsoil and he said Baldwin said that his was the cleanest looking motor he'd ever been into. If that's true, it's some good stuff because Mark Baldwin has built a LOT of motors in his time!!

·
Registered
348 Posts
Amsoil 10w40. An engines best friend...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts