YFZ Central banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so, the hunt is officially on for a Vortex. Aaaaand, since I'm a cheap bastard, I'll be trying for a used unit first. If I can find one, great. If not, I'll just have to bite the bullet and break the news to my wife that our checking account will be depleted by another $700... I'll just reassure her that it's for a good cause. That always works. Just remember guys, it's easier to ask for forgiveness than it is to ask for permission... So, now that it's officially official, anybody got a used Vortex kicking around? This will be for a 2014 YFZR. I PMed boostedspra about one that he had listed, but his thread hasn't had much activity recently... Anyway, if you know of one, by all means, shoot me a PM. Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
3,149 Posts
I usually tell my wife the reason I need a part is for safety. If she gives me a hard time, I just ask why she doesn't value my safety. " don't you love me anymore?"
That's what I like to use also...:clap

·
Registered
535 Posts
Standard that was quick lol. I ordered mine thru racingpowersports.com and took advantage of the yfzcentral discount to save a couple bucks but took a little bit to get it since they were on vacation and then there was a shipping error. But I also wanted new and not used so there was no issue. GL either way

·
Registered
55 Posts
Ok, so, the hunt is officially on for a Vortex. Aaaaand, since I'm a cheap bastard, I'll be trying for a used unit first. If I can find one, great. If not, I'll just have to bite the bullet and break the news to my wife that our checking account will be depleted by another $700... I'll just reassure her that it's for a good cause. That always works. Just remember guys, it's easier to ask for forgiveness than it is to ask for permission... So, now that it's officially official, anybody got a used Vortex kicking around? This will be for a 2014 YFZR. I PMed boostedspra about one that he had listed, but his thread hasn't had much activity recently...

Beware of Boosted. He's on my SL. I sent him 450.00 overnight on the Barkers exhaust and after 5 days it was never picked up and sent back to me. Luckily I got my cash back but the overnight postage was lost. He said "my wife went to pick it up but it was already gone" I gave him plenty of reminders about it waiting on his pick up. I understand life gets busy but he needs to take that stuff off his listing for sale because its not. Hes too busy to mess with it. I asked him to make it right and gave him a chance to but he just ignored me! :nono Hoser! I feel better. haha :angry

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hoser? Are you one of those Canucks? Or a CheeseHead, maybe? Or from Minnesota? Just curious. I'm from Minnesota and I haven't heard anyone call someone else a hoser in a while... Yeah, I think I better get a new one to avoid any potential hassle as far as warranty or anything like that. Thanks, guys. Also, PWeeZy42, feel free to post up that video, if you get bored. You know everybody likes videos...

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Boom. That's what I was looking for. Thanks, man. Now I'm really anxious... That's like my '06 was... I had a lot of tuning time (and money) invested in that one... This time it will only be money, I guess. $700 is still a hard pill to swallow, but the sale of my MSD and PC5 will offset it a bit. Can I ask what your settings are? Map #9 and L5, M5, H6? Thanks in advance... PWeeZy42, you've already helped more than you know... motivation... can't wait to order it and get home from work. Still got two weeks left. Then I can get the heck outta Brazil and back on U.S. soil. Or sand. Or whatever terrain. Man... Stoked. Thanks again.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Yea I mean I still want to get it dialed in better but it runs great. I'm in northeastern PA ride between 500-2000 above sea level and told that with my big 3 mods to I think Leonard was his name at Duncan racing (where the vortex will ship from) an he hat me set lo-5 mid-6 hi 7. I have played with a few other maps but by are like this the best. I'm learning about tuning these if bikes just with the fuel trim since I have always rode banshees before this. I will say I don't regret going to straight to the cortex when everyday I read about people not being able to rid the bog themselves w/out countless dyno tunes.

Reactions: kilroy

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Of course. Better is better, but sometimes, good is great! In my case, even if I lost one horsepower but eliminated the bog, I'd feel okay. Of course, I don't want to lose power, but I'd trade power for proper operation. Also, for my case, at least with the Power Commander, I had a shop dyno tune my machine, and I still have the bog! Ridiculous!

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
kilroy, I should do that, as I've dealt directly with Leonard before, and he was very accomodating, although, I've already spent a wad of cash on the PC5 and on the MSD... I'm trying to get my hands on a Vortex for as little as possible. RacingPowersports has them for sale, and from what I hear, they offer a forum discount. We'll see what happens, I guess. I still have about a week and a half before I even get home from Brazil.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.