·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Good Post!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. I know there's been a lot of debate about this. All my friends run 91 octane with no problem. I don't know why, but I fill better running about 93 octane. I wouldn't run 110 octane though becuase I'm not going to spend extra money to possibly go slower. I just don't trust the 91 octane around here being true 91 octane.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Originally posted by WASR4LIFE@Jan 13 2004, 09:15 AM
Thanks. I know there's been a lot of debate about this. All my friends run 91 octane with no problem. I don't know why, but I fill better running about 93 octane. I wouldn't run 110 octane though becuase I'm not going to spend extra money to possibly go slower. I just don't trust the 91 octane around here being true 91 octane.
All I know is mine was detonating with 91 pump gas, after mixing in some 110 it cleared right up

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
All I know is mine was detonating with 91 pump gas, after mixing in some 110 it cleared right up[/QUOTE]

That's interesting. I have been running 50/50 100 octane with 91 octane from unocal. But they don't have it anymore. So I think I'm going to go with 1 gallon of 108 octane mixed with 4 gallons of 91. That would put me at arond 94.5 octane. Not to high, Not to low.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts