YFZ Central banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would be the best octane level to run these pistons at, i might be adding nos in the near future and what octane would work best with the nos

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no w00ter, i wouldn't run anything under 110, but i want people opinions that run these pistons.

·
Registered
217 Posts
QUOTE (Blackedyfz450 @ Feb 10 2009, 02:58 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=744735
no w00ter, i wouldn't run anything under 110, but i want people opinions that run these pistons.[/b]
Run highest octane you can get, usually sunco 110 octane, should be about 5 a gallon right now, you can mix it but pure is even better for your motor. Wont make you go faster, just make things run smoother. If you start putting in just supreme or anything under 100 octane you MIGHT risk cracking your cylinder from a ping down the road some day.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Just run 110. I have yet to find a place in northern UT that sells above 110 without buying a drum. . but as far as the NOS i thought if your gonna run big shots you want lower compression pistons. 2 guys I know are running stock compression on YFZ and TRX

·
Registered
53 Posts
i have a 471 stroker with a 13.5 cp piston i only run stright VP c12, no problems, havent tried the 110 but am going to try, its $10 cheaper

·
Registered
315 Posts
in our drag bikes with 15:5 we run mr-9 which is 87 motor octane and we have no issues with it, i wouldnt run it for everyday use as you will go broke buying the stuff

·
Registered
42 Posts
QUOTE (mixxer @ Feb 12 2009, 11:03 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=745664
the most ecomomical way to have high octane is tio use Kemco's tetraethyl lead octane booster.... sold in quarts with shipping free if cases are ordered....

a $12 quart added to 5 gallons of premium pump fuel has been enough octane for any application i have run up to 15:1 compression.....

can't get easier to store\transport\ mix than that[/b]
I know this thread is kinda stale, but do you favor the octane booster over the race gas? I've been looking into just using octane booster over the race gas.........the price and availability of the high octane sux.

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
QUOTE (yfz597 @ Apr 29 2009, 06:38 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=775187
I know this thread is kinda stale, but do you favor the octane booster over the race gas? I've been looking into just using octane booster over the race gas.........the price and availability of the high octane sux.[/b]
i run 85 regular pump gas with STP Octane Boost. Put a good amount in every tank and i havent had any problems. You can really tell when it gets a shot of regular fuel or pure octane boost, pops and backfires and changes the exhasut note-weird i know lol. But its perfect for me, runs super smooth

·
Registered
29 Posts
vp red is 108 and its about 7$ a gallon i use that with my 13.5 piston

·
Registered
42 Posts
anybody runnin XXX Race fuel??

F-118 XXX Force
◦Octane: 108
◦Oxygen Weight: 17.6%
◦Specific Gravity: .758 @60 degrees F