YFZ Central banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I would let you guys know I bought my number plates from Mudspott440. I took some pics so if you need number plates I would suggest buying some from Mudspot440. I have not put them on yet but so far they look really good. He even threw in some extra stickers that were not part of the deal. The price was right to, 25 dollars. The site I almost ordered from was 50 dollars! These are made for the YFZ so they should fit up great. I will get pics after I install them in a few weeks. Anyways here is the quality which I believe to be pretty good. You can be the judge.

He also customizes the plates, like on mine it says "CRONAUER', I am not sure how many other places will do this for you but I thought that was really cool.

Like I said before, if anyone needs number plates try ordering from Mudspot440, I am very happy I did.

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
i mite hav to go w/ those and get me sum done..... i will hav to talk to my sponsor cuz he was supposed to be getting me some but wouldnt hav my # or nething

·
Registered
528 Posts
How well does the color match? It looks like it is real close or right on. Looks good. :rock

·
Registered
528 Posts
How do I get a hold of mudspott440? I have some question for him.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Shoot MudSpot440 a PM. If you look on this page or back 1 or 2 he has some topics, click his name and shoot him a pm.

·
Registered
220 Posts
GREAT.... i'm glad you guys like the number plates..

just some info about me..

i've been racing for about 4 years and the way i pay for my racing is by making quad stickers and number plates..

www.crashers.com

that is my web site... All they money i make goes into my racing.. and my 2 YFZ450's.. since i dumped the EX.

By the way, the burgandy color you see is just about dead on with the FAST frames... the only difference is that it isn't metalic.. but the color is spot on!!

any questions... shoot me a PM or email [email protected]

thanks!!

·
Registered
220 Posts
**quick tip**

these number plates will stick great to your quad.. but if you want them to last a bit longer... try this..

buy some spray adhesive from home depot and put a THIN coat on the sticky side of the number plates...

the extra adhesive will make them last that much longer.. mine have held up against my pressure washer.. but i don't suggest you trying it!!

also, a hair dryer on LOW will soften up the vinyl, and allow you to smooth out the wrinkles...

be patient.. when you put them on.. go slow.. and rub with your finger... and you'll get them to go on SMOOTH!!

you'll love them!

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
ive got mine ordered!!!!! built in numbers are so sweet!!!! :rock :rock :rock

·
Registered
836 Posts
Originally posted by mudspot440@Feb 16 2004, 12:14 AM
**quick tip**

these number plates will stick great to your quad.. but if you want them to last a bit longer... try this..

buy some spray adhesive from home depot and put a THIN coat on the sticky side of the number plates...

the extra adhesive will make them last that much longer.. mine have held up against my pressure washer.. but i don't suggest you trying it!!

also, a hair dryer on LOW will soften up the vinyl, and allow you to smooth out the wrinkles...

be patient.. when you put them on.. go slow.. and rub with your finger... and you'll get them to go on SMOOTH!!

you'll love them!
Aaron,

Got my stickers and can't wait to get them on. Did you know the install instructions on your webpage aren't there anymore?

How bout sharing some install tip's with us? Like what do you recommend putting down on the plastic so the sticker can be moved slightly, before sticking it down? I've used water in the past, but any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
576 Posts
Do you offer a different font for the numbers? Or even italicized numbers like you usually see in auto racing? Thats the way I like to do them when I make my own but I definitely like yours better.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Originally posted by mudspot440@Feb 17 2004, 11:58 AM
read my post above...

most important thing.. GO SLOW!

and use your finger to smooth out the wrinkles from the plastics being curved.
So, can I still use a little water with the spray adhesive method? I don't want to F up those bad boy's. Thanks

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Originally posted by vorra65+Feb 17 2004, 03:29 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (vorra65 @ Feb 17 2004, 03:29 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--mudspot440@Feb 17 2004, 11:58 AM
read my post above...

most important thing.. GO SLOW!

and use your finger to smooth out the wrinkles from the plastics being curved.
So, can I still use a little water with the spray adhesive method? I don't want to F up those bad boy's. Thanks [/b][/quote]
Be careful with the adhesive. Some spots I sprayed too much and the top of the sticker got really weird. I think I will be placing another order soon, I did not do a very good job putting them on...O well, I guess I can last a few races and buy some more.

·
Registered
220 Posts
i can do any color and just about any type style..

if you buy some and you F them up.. i'll cut you a deal on the replacements..

so if you guys kill the set i gave you, i'll send you a replacement for just the pieces you ruin...

discounted of course.

just keep me in touch..

thanks

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
u copied me! :lol j/j man!! glad ur helpin out jim too!!!! :rock looks [email protected]$$!!!!!

·
Registered
116 Posts
They looked great when i got them but i couldn't put them on and ended up ruining 2 of the 3 and just threw them away. They are so thin you must have to spend a lot of time installing them...I couldn't get them to go on w/o wrinkling.They looked awesome but be sure to be careful installing them. I ended up buying GYTR plates and in 10 minutes they were on perfect. If there was a way to print them on thicker material they would be perfect. It just sucks that I wasted that money because they were really cool. Maybe I am just too impatient.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts