YFZ Central banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed a HMF slip on to my new 08 yfz450, sounds sick, runs good, now I also recieved jets to be intsalled, so here are my 2 questions!! Do I need to instal the jets if its running fine??? And if I do, how easy or hard is it to do, again this is my first quad so im new to all of this, thanks alot for any help

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
The YFZ comes pretty lean from the factory to meet emissions, so Yes definitely re-jet. If you haven't already go ahead and purchase an adjustable needle from the YZ dirt bike it's a NCVQ needle for the record. You can re -jet one of two ways you can either just rotate the carb and remove the top cover of the carb and change the needle. I would run the needle on the 3 or 4th clip from the top of the needle. Then you can remove the bottom access cover and change the pilot and main jet that way.

Otherwise you can remove the carb from quad and change everything on a work bench. You need to unplug the TORS and TPS along removing the throttle cable from the carb.

Hope this helps. Otherwise there might be a pinned topic in the powertrain section.

·
Registered
217 Posts
QUOTE (3L3M3NT @ Feb 10 2009, 03:05 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=744740
The YFZ comes pretty lean from the factory to meet emissions, so Yes definitely re-jet. If you haven't already go ahead and purchase an adjustable needle from the YZ dirt bike it's a NCVQ needle for the record. You can re -jet one of two ways you can either just rotate the carb and remove the top cover of the carb and change the needle. I would run the needle on the 3 or 4th clip from the top of the needle. Then you can remove the bottom access cover and change the pilot and main jet that way.

Otherwise you can remove the carb from quad and change everything on a work bench. You need to unplug the TORS and TPS along removing the throttle cable from the carb.

Hope this helps. Otherwise there might be a pinned topic in the powertrain section.[/b]
If its a new model bike it SHOULD have plenty of adjustments on the stock needle. I cannot imagine it runs great without a reject after a pipe and what not you said, get it dyno tuned jetted.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
QUOTE (Mike669 @ Feb 10 2009, 04:19 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=744746
If its a new model bike it SHOULD have plenty of adjustments on the stock needle. I cannot imagine it runs great without a reject after a pipe and what not you said, get it dyno tuned jetted.[/b]
06 and Newer YFZ's have a Fixed needle. Hence my suggestion for getting a NCVQ needle.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1 - 6 of 6 Posts