YFZ Central banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinkin about buying a R & K xring chain. I have a 15t sprocket. I want to get one because, i cant get one of the bolts out to loosen the chain. Also i heard there were alot of stock chains breaking and heard that o ring chains steal you of power. I want to know how how many links i will need to have a 15t sprocket and have the carriage all the way back.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I dont think you really want your carriage to be all the way back, because when the chain needs tightening, and it will, you will be S.O.L. Unless of course you just buy a bigger sprocket every time you need to tighten it.

·
Registered
76 Posts
The power or performance loss from a chain is very minimal. Sure you may notice a slight advantage with a chain with o-rings but whats the cost of a good o-ring chain?? $150 bucks??
Non o-ring??$75 bucks?
The o-ring will last longer and give better quality and strength and if you buy 3 non o-ring chains to your 1 o-ring chain........well you do the math.
Plus.........lube the chain after EVERY ride.Rotate the wheels suspended off the groung BACKWARDS and always when the chain is lets say......warm.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I use an X-Ring on my VFR and my now previous XR650.

X-Ring <------- Link

X-Ring <------- Link

I'll go to one of these when my stock chain runs out.

And they aren't more than $110.00.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Your stock chain is an O-Ring, so you definitely won't have power robbed, not that it makes much difference anyway. Non O-ring chains need more maintenance, they stretch more. I personally would go with the X-ring for sure.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts