YFZ Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cannot get this 05 to fire back up. I feel as if the timing might be off because the intake cam dot that goes horizontal with the head is a little low. New plug stator regulator valves orings and gaskets everything cleaned and reassembled to specs. Please help Ive been trying to crank it up for 3 weeks no just dying in this El Paso sun.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Where is the dot on your exhaust cam? The valve cover gasket is removed when you’re checking timing right? Crank marks in the right spot? Tried cycling the run switch back and forth a few times, they get some internal corrosion sometimes and won’t fire.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Where is the dot on your exhaust cam? The valve cover gasket is removed when you’re checking timing right? Crank marks in the right spot? Tried cycling the run switch back and forth a few times, they get some internal corrosion sometimes and won’t fire.
It's at 12 and 9 o'clock. I just checked the stator and its grounded I did a continuity test and it's def grounded. But I don't understand how it's not supposed to be its metal on metal like where the center of the stator firs onto another piece of metal. And from what I was reading its not supposed to be grounded right? Confused on that one But ranks supposed to be the I not the H right? Cleaned switch terminals 4 days ago.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Solved: well after going over it for the past month I went ahead and bout a new 06 wire harness that had a few different connectors so I repinned some and looks a helluva lot cleaner...but to the point. It tinted out my no spark issue came down to the eBay stator and pick up wires. Apparently china pins them backswards. I had to remove the connectors and use different pins but once I switched them up I got a pulse signal to reach the plug and bam spark to the ignition. Ride safe fellas.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts