YFZ Central banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys....so i searched the site a lot..and It seems there is not a lot of you running the Bazzaz fuel controller!!
Lot of:
-PC5
-vortex
-msd....
Whata wrong with the Bazzaz on the yfz-450r....??
I use Bazza on all my streetbikes....and I am more than satisfied...
Any bad comments, something I should know??
If not ill order the bazzaz FC!!!

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Looks to be equivalent to most of what else is out there. 2 maps can be stored, and are switchable on-the-fly. As long as you can get your hands on other maps, and as long as your local dyno shop has the capabilities to tune that controller, you'd be good to go. If they can't tune it, or if maps are hard to find, I'd steer clear. The unit itself is probably a solid piece, but like I said, I'd probably stick with something I know can be tuned. Good luck with your decision, and welcome to the forum, if I haven't said so already.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the welcome. I find the forum quiet a little bit.
as far as tunning the bazzaz my local tuner has a lot of knowledge of them, he tuned all my streetbike equipped with bazzaz and a lot of other rider running bazzaz in the roadracing scene here.
And I am not convinced they are all the same with different box. On my streetbike, bazzaz was able to tune upper and lower injectors while pc5 was able to only control lower.
I wanted to know if someone had bad experience on the yfz with the bazzaz. If not ill go with the bazzaz. I prefer this company over power commannderl

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Well, it sounds like you have a better handle on the tuning, especially with that controller, than a fair amount of people do in general. It sounds like it should be able to do everything you need it to do. I've also found the PC5 to be a little less than what I want it to be. I'll be doing a dyno shootout shortly, and I'll be comparing the PC5, MSD, Vortex and the Dobeck-style FMF controller. To be honest, I didn't know that Bazzaz made controllers for ATVs. I've heard of them before because of their fuel controllers and quick shift components for street bikes, but had no idea they were into ATVs.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
klb1989, most of the controllers have similar capabilities, but some offer more adjustability than others. Comparing the most popular two: the MSD and the PC5, the PC5 offers ignition tuning and a self-learning auto tune, but only as add-ons. The base controller only tunes your fuel tables, which is sufficient for many consumers. The MSD, only comes in one configuration, which is able to tune your ignition and fuel, and is sufficient for many consumers, as well. The physical size difference between the two is fairly dramatic. The way they interface with the ECU is different, as well. As far as being the same, they're not; but the things that they do are similar.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
He's saying that Yoshimura sells the Bazzaz unit as their own. Bazzaz makes it, and then Yoshi put their map in there, and puts their sticker on the outside. It's a similar scenario with all the Dobeck-style units. All the Wiseco and FMF and White Brothers and Alba (and more) units are made by Dobeck-- they're just marketed as their own.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
He's saying that Yoshimura sells the Bazzaz unit as their own. Bazzaz makes it, and then Yoshi put their map in there, and puts their sticker on the outside. It's a similar scenario with all the Dobeck-style units. All the Wiseco and FMF and White Brothers and Alba (and more) units are made by Dobeck-- they're just marketed as their own.
Did not know that!
For me it means that bazzaz did good job if yosh find them good enough to slap their name on it

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.