YFZ Central banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son has mastered his YFZ to the point where he's doing some hairy jumps at the dunes.

Heal clickers, nac nac's, tantrums ect, ect.

Now he's been doing the no handers while airborne at 40mph+ like the extreme MX riders do.

Do I put a stop to it,, or do I let it continue?

·
Registered
217 Posts
Gravity will eventually put a stop to it. I also have a kid that does crazy stuff like that but I guess when I look back on it he probably learned it from me. I just tell him to be carefull and hope when they do fall they dont get hurt too bad.

·
Registered
479 Posts
just make sure you make him know what can happen, so he knows he's not taking too many chances. :rock

·
Registered
263 Posts
Its all really upto you to decide. Personally If he rides within his control and doesnt have the habit pushing them(stunts/tricks) too far to quickly. I wouldnt demand he stop just continualy remind him how bad being broke hurts and to stay within his control. ;)

:yfz

G

·
Are the no hander landers 8| or just no handers if the are no hander landers put a stop to it. no hander landers goin that fast can be extermely dangerous.over the bars with tons of broken bones! :uhoh :stupid

·
Registered
240 Posts
I'd let him do whatever he is comfortable with, if he can do them, let him do it.

Though I guess it is upto you really.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
I personally think No Hander landers are the easiest trick to do. As long as my quad does not get screwy in the air you can pull them all day. You just have to know when you can land your quad w/ no hands and when to hold on because your off balance. I do them all the time and trust me they are the least to worry about. I think the tricks that require a lot of movement over the bars and across the seat and when you have to come back you need to worry about more. Say a saran wrap you may not get your foot down or get your foot tangled etc. No handers are not a big deal IMO but I see where you are coming from about the other tricks. You can tell him not to but odds are he'll just pull the tricks when your not riding with him. Trust me I know how kids think.

·
Registered
446 Posts
If I were you I'd let him go.
From the stunts you said that hes doing it doesnt sound too bad.
But if he starts doing some insane tricks I would put a stop to it.
Tony

·
Registered
474 Posts
If you try and stop him, it'll make him do more/wilder stunts when you aren't around. Let him have fun, just make sure he wears as much protective gear as he can.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
im with whodini just make sure he doesnt push his limits thats when it really gets dangerous. make sure he is comfortable with what he is doing

·
Registered
107 Posts
I say 1. he's in sand so at least that's better than dirt, and 2. if he starts doing holymans and one footed cordovas, tell him to take it easy :lol but at least he's riding the best quad made :yfz

·
Registered
376 Posts
I am a freestyle rider and I think you should let him keep doing it. Although I just broke my wrist doing freestyle, I am getting right back on the quad and up in the air. These pics are from November when the weather was actually decent. I have since bought my YFZ and hope to go bigger on it. Sand is pretty forgiving compared to dirt, so it is much safer in my mind.

·
Registered
199 Posts
not much can go wrong with a one handed landing. think about it. even if you landed with your wheels cut crooked when you land the velocity would just straighten them out! there is no tension on the handlebars so nothing could really go wrong. go down the road and let go of your bars, what will happen? you go straight. go down the road and cut your bars real fast what happens? you turn and if going fast enough you flip. i hope this made sense!

·
Registered
376 Posts
No hander landers are pretty easy and I have never crashed doing one yet. Seem pretty safe when I do them anyway :D

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
keep lettin him!!!!!! birds gotta swim fish gotta fly :rock :lol

1 - 20 of 27 Posts