YFZ Central banner

61 - 80 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
Very easy to install the slide the wrong way. Double check it for sure. Also, the carb cleaner can eat the o-ring as you said if it gets on it.

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
That junk o ring. My buddy destroyed his.
I watched him spray carb cleaner in there and the o ring just fell apart.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
O ring should be here tomorrow (I hope as I want to give this thing it’s first weekend run down through the desert, pics to come)

Going to pull slide today when I get him. Going to try and not remove carb to do it. See how it goes.

My FCI did not come with...

Metal pc. Came with rubber.
Is that metal ring for a r?

Is it necessary?

Might just put the stock box with GYTR back on.

·
Registered
923 Posts
The metal piece is for the carb YFZ. It just smooths the air intake into the carb.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Told you all I have no clues.

All help is highly appreciated.

Upside down

Correct? Seems to only go on one way.

Rubber looks fine...?may just wait to put the seal I ordered in tommarow before I mount carb.

Is the idle screw supposed to turn this “shaft” as I do not see anything moving as I adjust screw with the top off carb?

Before I remount the carb I want to ensure the idle screw is correct. I will need to pickup a security driver to access the internal part we’re the idle screw is.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
With slide installed the idle adjustment screw does move the slide up and down. I just don’t see how. I am clueless.
Going to mount carb and see what happens.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
I flipped the slide “disc” over so that it shows “m” opposed to “w”.
The rubber seal looked good.
I mounted the carb.

Idles!!! After hurting my fat fingers trying to turn idle adjustment. Have the air screw at roughly 1 3/4 turns out. I ran out of daylight and I have a 7 month old baby so I needed to come Inside.
I let bike idle until the cooling fan came on...
Took this pic...

That red pipe scares me.........

·
Registered
310 Posts
Have you tried opening the fuel screw another quarter or half turn to combat the glowing header?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
At 1 3/4 out now.
How far out is too far out?
Going to throw octane at it as well.
I don’t know how red is too red being that everyone says it is going to glow.

·
Registered
310 Posts
At 1 3/4 out now.
How far out is too far out?
Going to throw octane at it as well.
I don’t know how red is too red being that everyone says it is going to glow.
I'd say keep it under 3. I mean, it's easy enough to go back to where you were with the flex jet. Try playing with it see how it feels.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #75

Bike ran good.
Header didn’t really glow once the bike is actually moving. Wasn’t backfiring so I left the air screw at 1-3/4.
Very quick. I need some good back tires. Just spin.
Not a fast as I thought it would be, but definitely quick. I’ll play with sprocket gearing later.

Carrier might be trashed, the sprocket moves about 1/4 inch. Not side to side as if the locknuts loose, but it rotates. I’ll see if I can post a vid.

I’m looking for a rear axle now to swap out this rusty one. Who offers the rear chain roller relocator?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
Ordered the second water pump seal, oil pump, all gaskets, o rings, clutch cover gasket and clutch plates. Going to do it all while I have the case cover off.
Ordered the r&d power bowl. Hopefully that will eliminate the bog on throttle stab.

I’ll move onto the carrier “play” next.

Other projects at same time include
New jeep fenders mounted(need to finish)

Sportster carb rebuild(need to mount on bike, replace control levers and drive belt +oil change)

Silverado front end rebuild and leaf spring bushings(waiting on timken wheel hubs and energy Suspension bushings)

Banshee part out

·
Registered
310 Posts
That jeep looks pretty serious...

PM me a parts list whenever you finish your banshee part out list!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
^^^ sent

Yeah jeep is fun. Heating, air conditioning, power windows. IMO far better then a over priced glorified golf cart(side x side)

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
Cascade chain tensioner on the way(going to leave upper chain roller off)
Glann case saver on the way

61 - 80 of 101 Posts