YFZ Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My yfz has been sitting around a while (outside, yes i know i should treat it better but no where else to put it). i didnt get to ride it for probably a few months so it sat over fall and some of winter (canada). i finally got some time to ride and it would start at all, i got it to run by getting some new gas in it and a couple other small things. But i have absoultley nothing for bottom end power, it bogs like crazy and will stall alot when trying to take off. It bogs until probably 1/4-1/3 throttle then runs great and takes off. im thinking its the (excuse me if my terminology is off) the pilot jets in the carb? because i noticed one day playing with my carb when i give it a shot of gas a stream of fuel gets shot directly into the intake, but until 1/4-1/2 throttle it didnt do that.

suggestions?

thanks!

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
you either have some crap in the float bowl or something isnt right with the accelerator pump...possibly the diaphragm if it sat outside over the winter it could be perished.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Fuel does not stay stable for months at a time, thats why they make the product called "Sta Bil" for sitting fuel. Ill be a bit go stuck down in your carb and just broke down a bit. If you were not going to ride it it would have been best to dry it out first.. wow, I think your probably, most likely, screwed!

·
Registered
140 Posts
You say you leave your YFZ outside year round. Whats your address? What time do you leave for work?

Jus kiddin.

Assuming your stock. Best advice yet would be: Drain the tank and replace fuel. Pull carb off put on the bench or your kitchen table, pull the bottom bowl off to make sure fuel passages are clear. (carb cleaner spray) This is a good time to rejet if you havent allready. Check your accelerator pump diaphram for damage. Do zip tie mod or o-ring. Change your leak jet from a 40 to a 35. All items listed above help remove the "BOG". Check the rubber boots befor and after the carb for mice or rat damage if it has been left out side.

Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts