YFZ Central banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gents what's going on? I just got into the quad scene and am having a blast. Just coming off motocross and into the quad world. I bought me the YFZ and the wife a 400EX. Went to Glamis this past weekend and the bike performed awesome, but now I am ready for more power. I have read almost every post regarding performance on the YFZ and am totally confused now.
I want a complete exhaust, intake, and jet kit. I looked at the ALBA complete kit and is very reasonably priced. Is there a catch to this, is it not that good. I kinda believe in, You get what you pay for, but like I said, I am new to this and am confused. I also looked at the complete Big Gun exhaust. Any opinions on that? I obviously don't have a choice with the air filter because it's only the K & N system and is the best, right? But the exhaust, whatch think? I am mainly going to ride in Glamis, Dumont, Gorman, and sometimes track.

Thanks for your help.
Frank

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Some say sparks and some say hmf. I think they both perform about the same, and both have great reputations.
Buy the hmf from our sponsor. Youll love the pipe and youll help the site too. Plus the hmf is a great buy, and you can get the can powder coated from hmf....sweet!!

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
If you get the sparks, which I think is better than the HMF, you would still be supporting our site sponsors if you bought it from Woddward Specialties. You get a 10% discount. Trey

·
Premium Member
2,978 Posts
You get 10% off of anything you order from us!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,978 Posts
yep...just let me know your a member.....
email is the best way to get ahold of us right now....we are having problems with our phone system, and we are not getting the messages.... so email us

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the info. So stay away from Alba? Does the Curtis pipe get red hot like the stock head pipe? Also, does the Curtis have a removable spark arrestor?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,978 Posts
the sparks wont turn Red.... but it does get hot when motor is running obviously..... it cools rather fast though due to the ceramic coating..... and it does not have a spark arrestor in it....

·
Registered
13 Posts
If you are looking at intakes and K&N filters, check mine out. I also give a 10% discount to YFZCentral members. You can order online and I'll credit your card back 10% or email or call 918-358-3804.

-David
Noss Machine

·
Registered
50 Posts
I bought the whole sparks kit, Complete exhaust, and air filter kit for 550.00 but I bought it directly from them which costs more. I also did the cam mod and it makes this bike totally rip, I love it. Go sparks!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
256 Posts
also, Bob at magnolia yamaha, sponsor, has the GYTR line of pipes for the YFZ... No one, absolutely no other company, has had the time that GYTR has had with the YFZ.

But....other pipes perform just as well and some even have higer PEAK HP.

go with what you like....just stay away from mild steel pipes as they do have a tendency to rust and get ugly quick.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
I have an Alba pipe complete with header that has never been mounted for sale for $350 shipped Alba wants $369 plus shipping, this pipe with Alba's K&N kit is claimed by Alba to produce 54HP.

But I dunno I have never used it I changed my mind.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Not enough money that's why I need to sell it :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts