YFZ Central banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2017 Yfz450r
Hello wondering if i can get some help. I installed my new vortex this morning. I am running a Yosi pipe and fuel customs intake. I have the vortex set on 1 5-5-5. I turn the key with atv on, the fuel pump turns on. The starter just keeps cranking but will not start. I plug the stock ecu back in and it fires right up. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks much.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I plugged the stock ecu in and let it run for 2 minutes. Plugged the vortex back in and it fired right up. Does the vortex not like the cold? Will this happen all the time.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I’m from long Island. It’s only 28 this morning. I just bought a brand new battery when I picked up the quad last week. I read a couple other posts that said the Duncan programming does like the cold which sucks. Our track is open year round as long as their is no substantial snow or rain. If I cant start it in the cold that will stink.

·
Registered
3,011 Posts
I dont know, I'm seeing a few post on Facebook of new vortex being installed and bikes not starting.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
742 Posts
I think the Vortex needs to run for a couple minutes to calibrate to your quad. It should be fine to start in the cold once that happens. If not, the only other thing is you might have to get a manual idle adjuster.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah can’t get this thing to start. If I use the old ecu and it warms up it starts. If I try to start it with vortex on it just cranks and cranks and cranks.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think the Vortex needs to run for a couple minutes to calibrate to your quad. It should be fine to start in the cold once that happens. If not, the only other thing is you might have to get a manual idle adjuster.
How can it run if I can get it started. Are you saying turn the key and let it sit for 4-5 minutes then try to start it?

·
Registered
742 Posts
No, it has to be running to calibrate is my understanding. You might have to give it a bit of throttle to get some fuel flowing in it to get it started. I have heard that a battery tender hooked up will also make sure you have the proper voltage for starting.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks brother appreciate that. This was the First time it ran with the vortex the Fuel Customs intake and the Yoshimura pipe. Seems like it’s idling super high and the pipe glows like I’ve never seen a pipe glow before. After about three minutes the glowing went down a little bit and I know these things idle a little high but it seemed like it was just a tad bit much.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts