YFZ Central banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Just purchased a new YFZ last weekend from Alba :blah . Went for a banshee and drove home with a YFZ. Guess I've been converted to a thumper after all... Sucks I have to wait until Friday to ride it for the first time, it's killing me. Slept in the garage next to the new toy last night.... Just kidding. I'm just dieing to get out to the sand and see what this beast really has to offer...

BTW, great forum. :rock I spent two days reading through this forum before heading to Alba. I think all the information here is what really sold me on the YFZ, not the sales pitch. :yfz

·
Registered
983 Posts
Welcome Amergin. YOu made a wise decision going with the YFZ. I promise that if you DO regret it i will take your yfz of your hands (for free) :lol

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the welcome...

White model with the nice red frame. Looks like candy, taste like metal... Go figure... I'm out in Lakeside Eucalyptus hills area.

Headed out this weekend to either Buttercup or Glamis. Trying to convince the family to hit Glamis. Either way, I want to go now, but I'm sitting here at work unable to think of nothing else but my newest family member....

·
Registered
836 Posts
Yes, welcome aboard. Enjoy your new bike...........

·
Registered
834 Posts
I remember that feeling.

All I could think about was getting on that thing and riding it!

Have fun and let us know how it goes.

Dan

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Originally posted by Amergin@Dec 22 2003, 10:38 AM
Thanks for the welcome...

White model with the nice red frame. Looks like candy, taste like metal... Go figure... I'm out in Lakeside Eucalyptus hills area.

Headed out this weekend to either Buttercup or Glamis. Trying to convince the family to hit Glamis. Either way, I want to go now, but I'm sitting here at work unable to think of nothing else but my newest family member....
I live in Kenzington(above the stadium),and I just got a new YFZ. I went to motoworld though. I'll be at buttercup starting the 31st. If you are going out there maybe we'll see each other. I have a blue yfz with a billet skull taillight that eyes light up.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by desertbound@Dec 22 2003, 01:05 PM
I live in Kenzington(above the stadium),and I just got a new YFZ. I went to motoworld though. I'll be at buttercup starting the 31st. If you are going out there maybe we'll see each other. I have a blue yfz with a billet skull taillight that eyes light up.
I just moved from Kensington last month... Had no room to store toys in the little 1922 craftsman I was renting. Something about being out here in Lakeside makes me feel closer to the desert though... Must be all the lifted trucks instead of bonsai cars running...

Looks like the family is pushing for buttercup :bawl , they like it better for the kids. Not sure why, less room for all to play I think. Maybe I will see you out there... Need a YFZCentral flag to recognize you all.... I'll be looking for flashing skulls....

It's still going to be great to finally get on the new YFZ and go for it... :D One day down..... Darn Christmas is getting in my way of going a day early... Bah...

·
Registered
229 Posts
Originally posted by Amergin+Dec 22 2003, 06:27 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Amergin @ Dec 22 2003, 06:27 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--desertbound@Dec 22 2003, 01:05 PM
I just moved from Kensington last month... Had no room to store toys in the little 1922 craftsman I was renting. Something about being out here in Lakeside makes me feel closer to the desert though... Must be all the lifted trucks instead of bonsai cars running...

Looks like the family is pushing for buttercup :bawl , they like it better for the kids. Not sure why, less room for all to play I think. Maybe I will see you out there... Need a YFZCentral flag to recognize you all.... I'll be looking for flashing skulls....

It's still going to be great to finally get on the new YFZ and go for it... :D One day down..... Darn Christmas is getting in my way of going a day early... Bah...[/b][/quote]
There you go STEVE "yfzcentral" flags :lol for are rides when we dune. Now that would be sweet.

I DONT RIDE FAST I JUST FLY LOW! :rock

·
Registered
372 Posts
I lived in Kensington for awhile but now I'm in Oceanside. Congrats on the new 450 and have fun at Buttercup. Be careful of all the witches eyes there. Oh yeah, how much did you pay OTD for yours?

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by Danny G@Dec 22 2003, 08:41 PM
I lived in Kensington for awhile but now I'm in Oceanside. Congrats on the new 450 and have fun at Buttercup. Be careful of all the witches eyes there. Oh yeah, how much did you pay OTD for yours?
$6900, full Alba kit. Only bad thing is I have to take it back when the pipe comes in. At least I'll have it for this weekend, in stock form anyway. I should be able to really see the difference between stock and standard mods once the pipe, jetting and new filter go on...

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Welcome aboard Amerigo. You made a good decision and trust me it will be MORE than you expected. I really did not expect the YFZ to rip and handle like it does. After I got the first one I sold the Raptor for a 2nd! They are unbelievable.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well, after I brought mine home my girlfriend started talking about a new bike. We went and looked a few but she seems to be stuck on the YFZ. Yikes, I didn't expect that... I can't afford two right now, she's will have to wait. Then again, I might be the one waiting in camp for her to get back on my YFZ... Funny how that works...

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
I know what you mean about the craftsman. I have a small garage and my wife has a brand new blaster. I have a 350x and a tri-z 250 also. My garage is packed. ha haha. But I love the area. Iwish I would of went to Alba now. With extended warranty, my yfx was $7800 OTD, and I have to buy all the goodies. ha ha. Another way you can spot me is by my helmet. It's blue nothing fancy, but I have a chatterbox mounted on it. If you see that, it's more than likely me. Hope to see you out there.

·
Registered
372 Posts
$6900 is by far the best local price I've heard of so far. When they first came out Alba quoted my friend $7800 otd with cash in hand.

·
Registered
631 Posts
welcome to the forums amergin. you can find out just about anything you want to know on this site about the yfz.

andy

1 - 16 of 16 Posts