YFZ Central banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently got a 2006 GYTR edition YFZ. I have been doing a lot of reading on here about them to familiarize myself with the quads. I grew up riding 2 strokes (dad taught me on a blaster since I was about 8 then switched to dirt bikes when I was 18 ). Recently I have owned a couple of 450 dirt bikes but never had them long enough to tinker any more than oil changes so I am new mechanically to 4 strokes. I was a little thrown off by how the quads don't feel nearly as powerful as the bikes, but after reading a lot, I found out that these quads are really restricted from the factory. So I wanted to do some cheap mods. I did the zip tie mod, got a GYTR hi flow air filter with the prefilter and removed the airbox lid, and a GYTR jet kit to wake it up. I plan on doing the cam mod eventually when I get time and a little motivation. I feel I don't really need to drop the extra money on a pipe since it has the GYTR exhaust. I know there are better ones but I really don't feel its worth spending the extra money at the time for just a little bit better of a pipe. The quad is more powerful but still doesn't feel like the bikes in my opinion. I also think my jetting my be a little off still. Maybe someone could help me out. I put a thread but only one response. For the mods I listed I put a 45p 168m #4 on GYTR needle and 2 turns on the fuel screw. It likes to pop and throw 2-3 foot blue flames out the exhaust but only right when I tap the gas after a period of decel. It does it at all rpms. I ride at around 400-500' elevation. Any ideas?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.