YFZ Central banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering a new swingarm in an effort to keep my front end down while running the hills - feels like I'm on a Raptor. I'm interested in at least (4) more inches and perhaps as much as (6).

Burgard advertises here. How are there's? What about RPM? Lonestar?

·
Premium Member
1,214 Posts
I assume your getting a "drag type" (long and light)swing arm, instead of an "MX style"(short and bullet proof) right?

Cause I have no expierence with those types. :lol

But I do know throwing on a set of 8-cup haulers, and trying 5th gear wheelies around the bowls at Glamis is A LOT of fun :lol ......I love wheeling in the dunes. Besides it saves the tread on my front tires :blah :re

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by Merriman@Nov 12 2003, 03:52 PM
I assume your getting a "drag type" (long and light)swing arm, instead of an "MX style"(short and bullet proof) right?

Cause I have no expierence with those types.  :lol

But I do know throwing on a set of 8-cup haulers, and trying 5th gear wheelies around the bowls at Glamis is A LOT of fun :lol ......I love wheeling in the dunes. Besides it saves the tread on my front tires :blah  :re
I'm just not a great wheelie rider and them damn shees get a huge holeshot on me when my front is in the air and I'm having to let off the gas to bring it down. These thumpers really hook up.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I would look at what rpm has to offer. that make bullet proof stuff and it looks and works good to. I know you like to shoot the hills but is that all or do you ride the dunes fast too? If you are only hill shooting and i mean only then I would go with a +8. If you like to dune agressive and still want something that will keep you on the ground then I would go with a +2, +4 or +6 depending on how much duning you like to do. +6 is really long for duning fast and people we know have problems turning and keeping up when we follow the big, high hp rails. +2 won't keep you on the ground all that much but it does make a considerable difference and you don't sacrifice that much in turning. I think +4 is a balance and you won't loose that much on the turns but you will gain alot up the hills. I am not a pro hill shooter but I like to talk to them and check out their rides most have +6 to +12 but watch them try to make a circle it is worse then my 4x4 on the street in 4wd :lol .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts