YFZ Central banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, I have a Banshee (the wife has the 450 :wtf and will have to wait :lol )
I am looking for new shocks. I ride only in the dunes and am a big guy(280lbs)
I would like some suggestions for new shocks. I have aftermarket a-arms +2" (not long travel)
I have researched enough to know that I want resis.

Also, I have revalved my rear shock, but is there any problems running the pep zps without changing the rear to zps???

Your input would be helpfull!!!!

Thanks, late.

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
not at all........ it would be better if u changed the rear but it is not even a MUST. i ran Elkas w/ ZPS on my Z w/ a stock rear and it was fine i thought. I would think TCS would be your best bet. Smooth at slow speeds and still a great shock! Call Bob at Magnolia Tractor who is also a site sponsor. He has the absolute best deals on TCS shocks :rock

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What are the major differences between PEP, Elka, and TCS?

I pretty much have it narrowed down to one of these three...
I like the way Elkas look, but from reading it looks like many people are unsatisfied with them, and I do not want to deal with that.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
294 Posts
If you dune alot, you may not want to get ZPS because they tend to lower the ride height. If you are running plus 2 with ZPS, your frmae will be close to the ground, add to that the sinking in the sand and you may drag in some spots. All the major shock builders can build you a shock for your size, just make sure you explain to them how big you are and what you plan to be your normal riding conditions. I have used both PEP and Custom Axis, one of my riding buddies uses the new Elkas, they are all very nice. See who will give you the best deal, and go with them.

Scott

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Does pep or tcs make a regular preload shock? If so, do they come with resis. I know elka does, but pep and tcs do not have web sites, at least that I could find.

thanks

·
Registered
294 Posts
Axis makes a non ZPS shock and PEP has what is called a "limited mass" shock. If you contact any of the major shock builders and tell them what you want, they can better answer your questions. I use Axis, I feel they are the best you can buy, but a lot of people have a lot of different opinions on who makes the best shock.

Scott

1 - 7 of 7 Posts