YFZ Central banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know of any seat maufactures that offer a more padded seat?

I gotta do something about this rock hard seat! :angry

·
Registered
9,372 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
I just bought the perfect remedy from high flyte, it is soft as a baby ass, the claim it is 2 1/2 higher, but you go down into it, Man what a difference. All my buddies are getting one now for woods racing. This is the best improvement I have made yet.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Originally posted by yamadog@Mar 1 2004, 03:42 AM
I just bought the perfect remedy from high flyte, it is soft as a baby ass, the claim it is 2 1/2 higher, but you go down into it, Man what a difference. All my buddies are getting one now for woods racing. This is the best improvement I have made yet.
Pic's ?

How much?

·
Registered
479 Posts
yeah, let us know!

·
Registered
194 Posts
It was like $145 for the foam and the seat cover desert kit, get the gripper,
It is big and bulky looking, but very soft, you will love it. Very plush ride now.

·
Registered
20 Posts
:stupid
The seat is fine...not any harder than a motorcycle seat.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Not all of us like motorcycle seats... Also depends on the motorcycle... My ZX6 is nice and comfy....

·
Registered
20 Posts
I guess my point is why buy a YFZ if you are going to be sitting on it all the time instead of riding it agressively like its meant to be ridden? :what If someone is going to just sit on it all the time like "Cletus" then they should get an underperforming bike like a Honda. The narrow, harder YFZ seat was designed for aggressive motocross-style riding allowing maximum body movement. It's very hard to make a narrow and low seat soft. It's just my opinion, but I think Yamaha put the right seat on the right bike. :D

·
Registered
194 Posts
No offence duneatic, but you problem don't ride for long periods of time, and read to many magazines on the shootouts. Yes, you are more agressive standing up style, but what goes up must come back down. You take own hairscrambles and GNCC and see if you ass won't be on that seat atleast 30-40% of the time. For this application you want more of a plush ride. If you are a motorcrosser, the stock seat should be fine for short distances. Or if you 21 yrs old, can run a tri-atholon, you may be ok whith the stock seat.
With age comes wizdom.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Originally posted by velocity111@Mar 5 2004, 02:32 PM
yammi - I second that! Go ride Glamis for 7 days in a row and tell me you aren't sufferin' from a terminal case of monkey butt! :O

Monkey Butt :lol 10 Days in Glamis will do it to yeah!!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Maybe I'm just a "hard ass." You're right that you can't stand up all the time. I probably have a numb ass from riding a lot. I just don't see how you can make a narrow, low seat soft without raising your seat height an inch or two, and I' really like the low seat. I guess it's just a preference thing. :D

·
Registered
20 Posts
By the way, great picture of "IR Baboon!" I've never done Glaims for 7 straight days, so maybe I'd have a different opinion if I had.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Longest I have done Dunning was 10 days, and you know how that sand gets into everything. Then again, I have done Glamis on a 250 bike when I was living at home. Don't remember having Monkey Butt though. Must have been the age thing or those cool leather pants back in the day :lol :lol :O

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Originally posted by yamadog@Mar 5 2004, 04:24 PM
You take own hairscrambles and GNCC and see if you ass won't be on that seat atleast 30-40% of the time. For this application you want more of a plush ride.
I 2nd and 3rd that :|

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Originally posted by dunatic@Mar 5 2004, 08:21 AM
I guess my point is why buy a YFZ if you are going to be sitting on it all the time instead of riding it agressively like its meant to be ridden? :what If someone is going to just sit on it all the time like "Cletus" then they should get an underperforming bike like a Honda. The narrow, harder YFZ seat was designed for aggressive motocross-style riding allowing maximum body movement. It's very hard to make a narrow and low seat soft. It's just my opinion, but I think Yamaha put the right seat on the right bike. :D
That's just a stupid statement. By your reasoning most of the people who run the Baja 1000 should just stand up all the time. 1000 miles is a long ways to stand up. What about the Vegas to Reno run? Terrible 250? Also, the seat my be raised slightly, but the foam compresses and you're back to stock height.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts