YFZ Central banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am buying a new quad next week, but i can't decide what to buy. I have narrowed it down to a banshee, yfz 450, or a kfx400. Which one of these quads would be the best for trails, sand, and snow? And which one if the fastest?

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Where have you been for the last 6 months?

Easy decision if you have the money for the big boy.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Yfz.....best quad all around!!!!!!!

·
Registered
417 Posts
Is the reverse on the KFX a must? If not, don't even look at it. Also, do you want a high maintenance or low maintenace quad?

I think the 450 is more versatile than any 2-stroke. Right now, the YFZ is THE best quad on the market. So, if you're buying next week, and there's no new Honda out (so you can compare and see what you're more comfy on) then I would get the YFZ.

It's your money though.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Originally posted by selector@Dec 16 2003, 09:48 AM
Get the KFX400.
:lol :lol Man, spending the rest of your entire life wishing "I should have got'n the YFZ....." :bawl
My Pappy always said " Boy, 2nd Place is the first Looser..." :O

·
Registered
773 Posts
Originally posted by Bansheebob@Dec 16 2003, 12:41 PM

:lol  :lol  Man, spending the rest of your entire life wishing "I should have got'n the YFZ....."  :bawl
My Pappy always said " Boy, 2nd Place is the first Looser..." :O
The more YFZs there are, the more I need to worry about. I've adopted a new policy of suggesting something that won't be a contender w/ me on the hills when the question is asked.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Originally posted by selector@Dec 16 2003, 02:52 PM

The more YFZs there are, the more I need to worry about. I've adopted a new policy of suggesting something that won't be a contender w/ me on the hills when the question is asked.
[/quote]
thats a good point selector i never thought about it that way :lol :lol

andy

C

·
0 Posts
Here are some little tips i figured out form my seat time on each quad

YFZ-450- king of the track very fast may beable to beat a shee in a drag great looks

KFX-400- not half as fast great trail machine, good all around looks good

Shee- awesome drag racer once modded, fast, not a great trail machine, super unreliable had my engine rebulit within 300mi. (900$) and constant up keep

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
I went to Alba last weekend for a new Banshee, ready to plop down cash for all the extra hop-ups and make a real screamer. Somehow by the time I made it home my new Banshee had transformed into a YFZ450...

·
Registered
24 Posts
I know it's not one of your options, but how about a Raptor? Faster than the KFX, will beat the YFZ on the top end, and has reverse. Good all around quad, but if I was in your position and I had the money I would definately go YFZ.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Originally posted by flybub@Dec 23 2003, 07:48 PM
I know it's not one of your options, but how about a Raptor? Faster than the KFX, will beat the YFZ on the top end, and has reverse. Good all around quad, but if I was in your position and I had the money I would definately go YFZ.
Beat a YFZ on top end??? Yeah maybe stock, but with a small $15 front sprocket change they got nothing for me.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts