YFZ Central banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help!!! Just purchased today my YFZ450 (can’t wait to ride it) :blah and decided to go all out and buy full pipe system by Yoshimura as well as jet kit from Yamaha along with other stuff like K&N filter, nurf bars, front push bar and paddle tires. I intend to run the bike without the air box cover. My question is what jetting should I start with? Another thing, is it OK to install this stuff before breaking in the bike?
Any tips please let me know, thanks.

·
Registered
229 Posts
yes it's ok to install before break in just break it in like you normally would. install the 165 main with 45 pilot and needle on 4th clip down from top some people go 3rd down but i like 4th better air screw 2 1/2 to 3 turns out im at about 2 3/4 out. that should be a good starting point, you might put the 170 in after a while and see how she does. you will love your yfz its an awsome machine. enjoy my friend. :lol

I DONT RIDE FAST I JUST FLY LOW! :rock

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
Originally posted by bigbadyfz@Oct 4 2003, 05:26 AM
front push bar
:what A.K.A. bumper ;) :lol

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hey bigbadyfz....congrats on the new monster quad I just bought one myself about a month ago. I just did the exact thing you did.....I bought a full yosi exhaust (headers and pipe), modified air box and k&n filter.....and I don't know shiat about jetting (I usually have a shop do the work) but I was told by Yoshi to use the following:
180 main jet
45 pilot
1 clip up on the needle

I live in So.Cal so it may be different depending on your location.....hope this helps

Let me know what setting you decide on. Thanks.....

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Hey man,
Hows that yoshi pipe treating u. Ive been wanting someone with one to tell me all about it. That was in my top three pipes to purchase. Its either a yoshi, sparks, or hmf, but im not sure yet....think u could help? :yfz

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
Originally posted by SmoktF250@Apr 17 2004, 10:16 PM
ESR IS A PROVEN PIPE FOR MEN WITH BALLS
ESR is probably the best all around pipe I agree, but it does not hav the low-mid a TC does :rock

G

·
Originally posted by YFZ_53+Apr 17 2004, 10:29 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (YFZ_53 @ Apr 17 2004, 10:29 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--SmoktF250@Apr 17 2004, 10:16 PM
ESR IS A PROVEN PIPE FOR MEN WITH BALLS
ESR is probably the best all around pipe I agree, but it does not hav the low-mid a TC does :rock [/b][/quote]
I disagree the ESR is mainly for top end and doent gain much low...

I think the best all around pipe would be the TA because it can be custom made to you specs...

Just my 02

Ray

1 - 13 of 13 Posts