YFZ Central banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my front Klaws to match the rear. Ordered T2's as well should be here monday.....I'm still recovering from a broken wrist that happened just 6 weeks ago (just got my cast off). Nothing real big until I get healed up completely. :rock
The new mods.....

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
nice pics-cant wait until the yfz goes skyward on those monster jumps you were hitting on the r! the tires are 18" rears and 20" fronts right?

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
looks good man!!!!!!!!! 4-wheeler whoops :rock ........ all our friggin tracks hav little d-bike whoops that are 3 centimeters apart, but its fun to skip them :rock :red

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Track is at my house.....has whoops section, rhythms section, berms, 2 tables, 3 doubles, a woods section.

·
Registered
199 Posts
sweet. can you give info on what you used too make those woops? like who hauled in your dirt and what did you use too level them out etc..thanks

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
id also like to know wat kind of dirt u used..... dirt i hav like eroded from all the rain :| :red

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It took 30-40 dump truck loads of dirt. I rent a big farm house and the owner's son rides as well and we used his dump truck and tractor. We started building it a year ago, it takes lots of time. Before, the area you see was all trees...lots of chainsawin'! The dirt I used is somewhat sandy in appearance, only this stuff is more red and has some clay properties as well. We just dug it out of the pasture, so I don't know the scientific name of it or anything. As far as leveling them, we just stood back and looked at them and used a rake to manicure them. From time to time we get the rake out and spruce them up a little, but they hold there shape very well. The whoops have been through a year of hard riding on them with very little maintenence and are holding up great. Some of the landings for the doubles are dirt over old cars :lol

We are still continually working on it and hope to get a couple bobcats out there to get the track smoothed out and refined some more. We are adding another rhythm section and a bigger double on the back straight-away. Overall I'd say the track is only 2 acres or so.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Here are some more pics of it.......
Notice the doubles in the background....

Here is one double, a mere 45ft

Same Table, different shot, different machine...

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
This one is a trench jump, you come up the face and launch over it like a steep table and land on the backside.....

Another old shot of the whoops........

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If any of you fellas wants a layout of the track I have a preschool type drawing of it. Also, if you Kansas residents feel like riding over here, just drop me a line for directions....... :D

·
Registered
73 Posts
nice bike you need to come out to dragoon some time and race

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
We just removed some natural hills out in the pasture, no holes. Everyone has been saying to come out to Dragoon. I plan on racing this year so I'll be there sometime for sure.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Very nice track! I wish we had some land to manipulate,all we got is peat and low laying at that.
Tell me what you think of those Klaws as compared to say a reg holeshot or turf tamer? thanks

1 - 20 of 29 Posts