YFZ Central banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,149 Posts
Welcome to the forum and the Yamaha world...

·
Registered
453 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hello, just picked up my new 2014 orange Yfz450r.I came over from being a honda guy.Cant wait to finish breaking this thing in and having fun.
Welcome man! I came over from Kawasaki to the dark side..haha Good looking quad! have you experienced any "bog" yet?

·
Registered
508 Posts
The best cure for Bog is the $700 Vortex...

If you decide to go power commander V with fuel/ignition I got one used that was ridden 5 times....mint going to sell for $130 less then paid for and I mean MINT condition. I went the vortex route....some say the power commander fixes it 100%....I got mine close and it rand good...but not perfect so I got the ECU.

Let me know if you want to see some pics of it...

765-587-8174 I can text ya some

M

·
Registered
508 Posts
I've got the same one you do "orange". The MSD has been rumored to be able to cure the problem....other swear the power commander when tuned right in the 0-10% fuel range does as well...or the vortex everyone knows it fixes it 100%. It's all about you....and what you do...

You can try going back to dealership and ask if they got the GYTR tuner...have them make the following changes...

TPS sensor from 17 to 20 if not done...
Adjust your CO from 0 to 120 if not done..

That helps it also....but once you mod the unit in any way ...ie filter, FCI...pipe etc..you need a fuel controller.

M

·
Registered
508 Posts
Dang that is bogus to spend all the money on a new quad and to have it have issues from the get go.
Yup....sucks actually....

Yamaha should have never shipped this out the way it is

M

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Rode the bike today for about an hour.Break in is done and when releasing throttle to slow down the bike stalls.and i went to hit a little jump off and bike stalled and i almost went over the bars.I will be on the phone with yamaha tomm morn.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
11VENOM, I´d seriously recommend a Vortex controller. I have used a couple different types of controllers, and the Vortex is the only one that completely eliminated the bog for me. I only know of one person who claims to have gotten rid of the bog with the MSD, and one who claims it with the PC5. I´m still skeptical, however. Even after hours of dyno tuning with the other controllers, the bog was still present in my ´14 R. I have two fuel controllers for sale, and I´d like to sell them (obviously), but they likely won´t eliminate the bog. They help-- don´t get me wrong, but the bog will likely still be present even after dyno tuning with any controller other than the Vortex.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
the bike is going back to the dealer tuesday,i'll give them a shot at getting it to run better,if they can't then I'm going to get the vortex,a pipe,ais delete and air filter.that should do it.lol

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.