YFZ Central banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my new 38mm intake yesterday. This particular system eliminates the airbox completly and is very simple. Along w/ the connection @ the carb, the whole system is held on @ the left-front fasenter that used to hold the airbox. The filter is huge.

The kit came complete w/ the intake/fittings, filter and a DryCharger (treated to repel water).

I'll run this setup along w/ the stock 38mm carb when I want to run gas for general dunning.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Selector,
Mate it would be good to see some pics you big tease :blah and price, results and where to obtain please.

Thanks mate, Geoff.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by Aussiequadrider@Nov 21 2003, 02:32 PM
Selector,
Mate it would be good to see some pics you big tease  :blah  and price, results and where to obtain please.

Thanks mate, Geoff.
OK. You'll have to wait till Monday though. I can't upload pics from home.

·
Registered
631 Posts
i might be interested in that myself. have you had a chance to try it out yet?

andy

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
selector you did say you got that from Ron right?

the way you are describing it it sounds just like my ESR one, even the way it mounts to the frame.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by Pahrump@Nov 21 2003, 11:10 PM
selector you did say you got that from Ron right?
Yep.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I just got done building my whole intake system for $75 including K&N and outer wear.

Parts list

1 Radiator hose
1 2" 90 degree pipe from Home Depot
1 2 1/16" x3 1/2"x6"
1 Outerwear

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by Undertow@Dec 4 2003, 07:57 PM
I just got done building my whole intake system for $75 including K&N and outer wear. 

Parts list

1 Radiator hose
1 2 1/16" x3 1/2"x6"
1 Outerwear
So you're the guy I always see riding around in an orange vest. :blah

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Originally posted by Undertow@Dec 4 2003, 05:57 PM

Parts list

1 Radiator hose
1 2 1/16" x3 1/2"x6"
1 Outerwear
got any pics??

I really want to do something about the carb to air box boot ... I already dropped a bean on the alba K&N setup ... so I'd like to keep the air box and k&n if possible :what

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
schwendi - I'm in the same boat as you, I already had the Alba kit installed. Then I went over to Ron Wood racing and talked to Elliot for about an hour. I'm now running their intake system which replaces the restrictive boot, and couldn't be happier. They are working on some things over there that I'm way too jazzed about! Porting/polishing, 29/30mm ti valves, 13:1 pistons, cams, etc. They are already working on storker kits, and talked about becoming a possible distributer for Vortex's CDI box.

Before my YFZ, I ran - and still have, a Bomb DS 650 with the Ron Wood Stage I & II kits on it - and it ran like a raped ape. They currently offer a kit which will bump things up to about 60-62 hp. The only problem that I see is that I think they run on the expensive side.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by velocity111@Dec 4 2003, 10:58 PM
The only problem that I see is that I think they run on the expensive side.
That sums it up perfectly.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Originally posted by velocity111@Dec 4 2003, 09:58 PM
The only problem that I see is that I think they run on the expensive side.
Yeah that head job from Wood's alone is well ove $1000 bucks.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Thats kinda expensive for the headwork. I talked to the guys at LRD a while back about porting and installing larger valves in my Z400 head and and it was gonna cost $800. So whoever you go to for major headwork its gonna be spendy

·
Registered
39 Posts
Originally posted by schwendi+Dec 4 2003, 06:18 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (schwendi @ Dec 4 2003, 06:18 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Undertow@Dec 4 2003, 05:57 PM

Parts list

1 Radiator hose
1 2 1/16" x3 1/2"x6"
1 Outerwear
got any pics??

I really want to do something about the carb to air box boot ... I already dropped a bean on the alba K&N setup ... so I'd like to keep the air box and k&n if possible :what [/b][/quote]
Mines pretty much just like the woods setup (thanks guy at Dumont for showing me :) ) Hears exactly how I did Mine. I'm not the best at explaining things on the internet so bare with me. Got 2" 90 degree pipe from Home depot( In the plumbing section, it's about 2 feet long and cost around $5) Next I went to the auto parts store and found a radiator hose that goes from a 2 1/16" to a 2" The 2 1/16 end fits on the pipe and the 2 has to be cut perfect so it slides on the carb. I cut the pipe about 1/3 of the way over so I could get the bend from the carb to where the air box was. Next I ordered a [email protected] with a 2 1/16 inlet to go over the pipe, plus an outerwear.

I hope this helps a little bit, Those are the parts you need all you have to do is copy the woods setup.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I feel that there is more to gain from some added velocity, thats why my intake is going to look like the cone of an expansion chamber. I will see how it works.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Undertow, Got any pics on your setup that you'd care to post??

Which part number/Outerwear did you get to fit the 2-1/16" end?

Also, does anyone know if ESR is still in business?? Or is it just that their website is down temporarily??

·
Registered
20 Posts
I want to build the same setup but it would be helpful with pics.
:D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts