YFZ Central banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted about my problem about 4 months ago. Same problem everyone else was having. Finally after 2 months of waiting on the dealer I got it back tonight. The cause???? The shims between the gears in the tranny were in the wrong place. Before they took it apart they thought that it may be a burr on the shift drum but ended up being the shims. I only took it for a short ride but I could tell that it was a lot better. Anyway just wanted to let everyone know what the deal was.

·
Registered
168 Posts
By any chance is their a factory bulletin or instructions to the dealer on this?

I know that's a long shot question,, but it could help when seeking warranty help.

thanx

·
Registered
12 Posts
Originally posted by yfz450 kid@Jan 5 2004, 11:00 PM
By any chance is their a factory builetin or instructions to the dealer on this?

I know that's a long shot question,, but it could help when seeking warranty help.

thanx
i would also like to know :stupid

·
Registered
102 Posts
me too..... mine still does once in a great while. :bawl

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There is no factory bulletin on this that I know of. I think it may of just been an assembley error at the factory. I have also heard of burs on the shift drum and I think that is a factory bulletin.

·
Registered
631 Posts
glad to hear you got it back in good running order. thanks for letting us know what was wrong

andy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts