YFZ Central banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good to be back on a quad. I have had a Suzuki 230LT and a Yamaha Warrior... my most recent is a 07 YFZ450 Bill Ballance edition.
Love it so far. Bought it used and it has its share of "used" problems.

I want to strip it apart, tighten bolts, and put it back together. Change all the fluids and filter. I don't have any manuals on it. So, I greatly appreciate any help or links.

Would you help me with the simple things? I have done some research.

How much oil?
Any opinions on antifreeze? Or antifreeze additive (water wetter)

He has a HMF pipe on it with air cover off and a K&N type filter. Runs crappy. He said he had a friend rejet and tune. But it pops/cracks/stalls. So, I may need help with jetting (looked at the sticky jetting post (ton of info there, but varies greatly)). But this is what it says:
YFZ w/pipe and lid off: GYTR needle #4 clip 168m 45p 2.5 turns mixture screw.
YFZ w/pipe and lid off: JD blue needle #3 168m 45p 2.5 turns mixture screw.

I have no idea what is currently in there. Nor do I know what all of that means. Carb is a little above my head, as all of my bikes had been stock typically. Is there a site to get this general info on my carb. i.e. "this is your pilot... this is your main.... this is a clip... here is the screw for your mixture... " etc. The float is also sticking as there is gas running out of the float bowl overflow tube.

It is all the little things that need attention.

I thank you in advance.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!!
As for the plans you are on the right path, I prefer Evans coolant, Engine Ice and water wetter work but everyone has their own preference. as for oil I was told by Rekluse Amsoil, Fuchs Silkolene and Rotella was all fine for my setup. However yours is a stock clutch Amsoil is still a good investment.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.