YFZ Central banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a left over 19 yfz 450r from my dealer. Wanted a 450 after trying to find use decide to just go new, I grew up racing dirtbikes. Then moved to street bikes at age 16 and last year started to get back into dirt but this time atvs. I'm from ct if anyone wants to get up and ride

Attachments

·
Registered
145 Posts
welcome to the forum. nice quad, you have any plans in terms of modifications to it?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just added nerf bars today.. took off plate bracket and reflectors. Took out the baffert after 30 secs of riding pipe got so hot it was smoking where the clamp was for the silencer. So after brake in I guess I need to spend money on pc5 because the bog problem, then if I'm spending money on that then get my k&n air filter with dry charger cover, and some sort of pipe maybe gytr or fmf never tried hfm so possible that then put it on the dyno to dile it in. That my only thing I disagree about the machine factory should have a quad that is brand new to where I can let the clutch out at idle and should go not stall out from the factory v.s paying 9k on. A machine dumb 1200 into for eveything. The other default is how the pipe gets so hot its red all the wat to silcener. I did post in that section and they said it useally only to the bend not to the all the way and u can smell the metal burning burning guess it normal witch is just going to take some getting use to from having Honda 400ex my hole life

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
I highly doubt you’ll need the warranty and if you do have an issue you can put the stock ecu back on it in like 30 min. It will also take care of your lean running machine.if you’re planning on keeping the bike for a long time it’s the most important mod you could do to it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts