YFZ Central banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I tried posting a new thread several days ago... it said it needed to get approved first, then nothing.

Anyway, I just picked up this new machine. I have several sport quads, but this is my first 450. OMG this thing is something else. It is so fast, so stable, such a good design. I love it. I may have to get a few more for the rest of the family.

If this thread ever makes it past approval and gets posted, I will post some pics.

Great forum guys! Thanks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My post made it? Here are some pics. I love this thing.

It came with the HMF slip on, plus the HMF optimizer. I’m curious how much better off I would be with a Vortex. Also, if I was to get a Vortex, would I need the HMF optimizer at all? Or would the Vortex take place of it?

It also came with a K&N drop in, as well as the Hauler paddles.

Attachments

·
Registered
798 Posts
Vortex would definitely make a difference and you wouldn't need the optimizer anymore. Hard to tell from the tiny pics but it looks really clean for being 6 years old already.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. Let me see if I can get better pics on here...

It's very clean for the age, which is perfect for me because I'm crazy about keeping my stuff clean and nice.

The PO rode pretty much exclusively on the beach in Oregon, so a few things have a tiny bit of rust on them from the salty mist and air over there, but overall I'd say it's 90%.

I didn't get a smokin deal on it or anything, but I don't care. For $5k I got exactly what I wanted, and I may just go buy another one if I can find a similar clean one.

I ride primarily in central/Eastern WA state where I have sand dunes in my back yard, with large riding areas just minutes away. The one in my picture is about 20 minutes from my house, with even more less than an hour away. We also ride on the Oregon Coast several times a year.

Thanks for the info on the Vortex. That's on the short list of mods for sure. I'm also considering something like a Rekluse auto clutch.

Thanks guys.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts