21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Me and Trump care

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Nothing and no one will get divided. That is fake news. In the trails I will help anyone in need of help no matter what.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
A properly tuned r with a vortex , full intake and full exhaust will not impact your reliability and certainly won’t get you on team Yamaha. You will need a lot of time to get the pc5 right and will most likely have to buy a 2013 Ecu and then dyno it to get it right. The vortex is plug and play no headaches. There’s been plenty of people who have gone the route of I’m not racing I don’t need the vortex only to end up getting the vortex in the end and now sitting on the power commander. They are out of stock for a reason,they work!
I'm not arguing if a Vortex works or doesn't work. It's well known they are good at what they were designed to do. I'm just not spending $700 on a Vortex, not going to happen. My 2016 High country Duramax programmer cost the same price and does 1,000 more things efficiently and effectively. I just can't back Vortex price gouging because they cornered the market with a genuinely great product. Instead i'll be poor with my pc5 and use my buddies dyno until i'm happy with the quad. Appreciate the input though all.

·
Premium Member
629 Posts
I'm not arguing if a Vortex works or doesn't work. It's well known they are good at what they were designed to do. I'm just not spending $700 on a Vortex, not going to happen. My 2016 High country Duramax programmer cost the same price and does 1,000 more things efficiently and effectively. I just can't back Vortex price gouging because they cornered the market with a genuinely great product. Instead i'll be poor with my pc5 and use my buddies dyno until i'm happy with the quad. Appreciate the input though all.
The PCV works great if you take the time to get it right. After the dyno tune you might have to adjust the map slightly to smooth out the throttle under light load. Also, its been my own experience that using the accelerator pump load option goes around a lean fuel table and only creates a huge throttle floor that is not smooth. Basically its good for hard full throttle without a bog but it causes a on off feeling in the bike that work great for drag but not for ridding.

·
Registered
15 Posts
If you’re looking to upgrade to a Fuel Customs intake and pickup a tuner but don’t want to spend 700$ for the vortex, racingpowersports does have those 2 items in a package deal for a great price and offers a discount on the forum here. Code YFZCENTRAL 10% off.

I can’t post links but I’m sure someone else could they aren’t hard to find on the website either.

Around 800$ out the door for the box, fci and vortex isn’t too bad if you were considering 300+ on the intake alone, but budgets exist I can add that I bought my bike with a HMF tuner and the Vortex made a world of a difference. The only upgrades I have are an exhaust, and an FCI.

Anyway hope that helps and enjoy the new 450

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 - 26 of 26 Posts