YFZ Central banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I changed the clutch basket, clutch plates and cable on my yfz450. After all of that the quad would not move in gear. it would only move in neutral. I put the cable settings correctly. What can be the problem is the clutch basket stuck or is the clutch not disengaging... , Please Help

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Basket seated correctly? Basket gear meshed with the other gear?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm going to check tomorrow to make sure but as much as I remember everything went in good and if I push the quad hard enough with the clutch in it will move barely

·
Premium Member
174 Posts
What year is ATV? Newer or older style clutch? Which parts did you replace? Inner and outer basket? Pressure plate? Springs? All plates, friction and steel? Did you cross over any parts over model year change?

Lifter rod and lifter ball parts all in order to allow the disengagement?

Were there grooves in old inner and outer basket?

Did you just try running it?? Did you soak plates? Could all just be a little dry and sticking until you just run it a couple minutes?

·
Premium Member
174 Posts
If you did not change the inner basket as well things can be a little tighter initially until things set in. The plates won't want to slide as nicely on the inner basket because the the spacing is ever so slightly different with fresh fiber/plates.

Was there a lot of hours on the old clutch?

I am not saying you have to get new inner basket, will probably be fine after just a short time. Just trying to give reasons for you to trouble shoot

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Most bikes wont move in gear with just the clutch pulled. The plates are usually stuck and it is a pain in the ass to roll.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Today I rode the quad and finally it started to roll like it's supposed to but I kept stalling, am I just not used to it yet or is something still wrong

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Started riding in the beginning of the year but I just got this yfz with a really worn out clutch and rode it a few times. Then changed the clutch and now I'm stalling

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Is it an oem clutch or "oem replacement" or a clutch that locks up with no in between?

·
Registered
488 Posts
If anyone is looking for a OEM Yamaha clutch plates and steels I have brand new oil soaked kit ready to go.

I thought I had a clutch problem and ended up with a trans problem. They are new and not ran parts. $80.00

1 - 14 of 14 Posts