YFZ Central banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are velocity111's LSR LT DC-4 arms. They look sweet to me. I should have pics posted of it with the shocks on later today. Well here they are:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Lookin Good!! I wonder why Lonestar changed the design of the DC4. This design looks to be a little stronger and I think it would take less time to make because of them not having to weld that whole flat plate in there. But, I liked the looks ofthe old style better, but I think these will grow on me. I will have to talk to my buddy that works at lonestar and see why they changed them. I will be flying out there next week so I will ask Scott Butler, the head of lonestar about them.

·
Registered
503 Posts
looking good. got me drooling already.......doesn't help that i know mine are on the way, just in the WAIT process of the shocks at the moment. interested in his lights though. are those trailtech's?

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
looks great! i wanna see teh shocks though lol. trey, i bet its killing you seeing the exact setup you want on another quad :blah . did you go +2 or +3 velocity? also, whats with that built in heelplates? looks a little funny :what

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by Tainted Glory@Dec 9 2003, 10:23 PM
trey, i bet its killing you seeing the exact setup you want on another quad :blah
YES IT IS!!!!!!!!! but mine will be ordered in 16 days :blah ......... they are +2s..... u cant put +3s on a YFZ or it puts it over 50.... even w/ 4+1 offset rims

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
if you run +2 and stock offset, you will be right at 50" right? i can't wait to order mine!

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by CTYfzrider@Dec 9 2003, 10:31 PM
if you run +2 and stock offset, you will be right at 50" right? i can't wait to order mine!
well i am not sure about that..... i think you will be just a little over 50....... merriman is running LSR/PEP w/ a 4+1 offset rim and is at 49.5...... thats also wat kory ellis is at and he has the same set-up as merriman......... so theyre cuttin it close... but theyre just there

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
wildtxn - those are trail tech's HID lights upper and lower. The lowers only use 12 volts, and the uppers 1.5 volts, compared to stock which use 33 volts each. I've read on this site that the charging systems either don't make enough charge, not allowing your battery to re-charge - or they make too much and burnout the battery. After checking mine on a voltmeter, I thought it was coming up short. Bottom line is that I have an obnoxious amount of light to ride with at night, more air is getting to my radiator, and i'm still on my original battery.

TG - as I understand it, the DC-4's are +2 over stock. As far as the heel plates go, that's the way AC's pro peg nerf bars came. They were a little weird at first, but I'm use to them now and don't mind them - I wouldn't go out of my way to buy them again though.

With luck, my shocks are suppose to arrive today, I'll have some more pics when the front end is put together - and with big Kudos to Trey, out of the goodness of his heart, he'll post them for me!

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by velocity111@Dec 9 2003, 10:40 PM
With luck, my shocks are suppose to arrive today, I'll have some more pics when the front end is put together - and with big Kudos to Trey, out of the goodness of his heart, he'll post them for me!
:re are you kidding me? i aint doin that crap again..........

:lol :lol j/j man...... send to my email if u get pics and let me know and ill post em :yfz

·
Registered
413 Posts
Jack Bedner and Rudy (DFR) told a few of us why they changed the a-arms, I just wish I could remember what they said lol :what

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by AZblaster44@Dec 9 2003, 10:54 PM
Jack Bedner and Rudy (DFR) told a few of us why they changed the a-arms, I just wish I could remember what they said lol :what
:lol well my guess is cuz ellis or sumone told them to........ them pros are straight up finatics about weight and it prolly added .005 of a pound :lol

·
Registered
65 Posts
I would say the arms got heavier if anything. The round tube probably weighs more than the flat plate. But, my guess is that it is either a durability issue (so the new ones are stronger)or they are just easier to make.

just my opinion though

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by shollz@Dec 10 2003, 12:14 AM
I would say the arms got heavier if anything. The round tube probably weighs more than the flat plate. But, my guess is that it is either a durability issue (so the new ones are stronger)or they are just easier to make.

just my opinion though
good point........... i think it looks better myself :rock

·
Registered
631 Posts
Originally posted by YFZ_53+Dec 9 2003, 08:50 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (YFZ_53 @ Dec 9 2003, 08:50 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--shollz@Dec 10 2003, 12:14 AM
I would say the arms got heavier if anything.  The round tube probably weighs more than the flat plate.  But, my guess is that it is either a durability issue (so the new ones are stronger)or they are just easier to make.

just my opinion though
good point........... i think it looks better myself :rock [/b][/quote]
i agree i like the looks of the new style better. how much did they run? quad looks sweet velocity

andy

·
Registered
413 Posts
I do think it had something to do with being easier to make, and no Pro's name was mentioned, even tho Keith Little did show up at the track that day :rock

·
Registered
631 Posts
$700 isn't that bad i was figureing around $1200 or better they sure make the bike look sweet

andy

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
All i can say is ...Rudy at DFR racing, totally sweet prices, and better lead times. he got me my PEP ZPS shock in 6 weeks, which is way better than anything else I've seen. If you need stuff, he's the man! 480-664-9860. I didn't mean to turn this into an add, sorry.

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Originally posted by velocity111@Dec 11 2003, 04:32 PM
All i can say is ...Rudy at DFR racing, totally sweet prices, and better lead times. he got me my PEP ZPS shock in 6 weeks, which is way better than anything else I've seen. If you need stuff, he's the man! 480-664-9860. I didn't mean to turn this into an add, sorry.
:stupid A+ service and even better prices :rock

1 - 20 of 26 Posts