YFZ Central banner

141 - 151 of 151 Posts

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #141
I have the return spring but not the clevis. Is the clevis really going to make a difference?

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #143
I haven’t even got it on and I’m in love with this tank. It’s huge!!

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #145
The fuel hose they give you a new one and you re-use the stock ends. For the electrical connection the stock one reaches, or at least in their install video it does. I need to get a few more missed screws (they forget to send a couple) before I can do the install myself.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #146
Well I went ahead and got my head ported and damn does it look great! The valve seats needed re-doing so got that done at the same time but kept stock valves for reliability. Williams Performance Engines did a spectacular job. Also swapped in a new OEM piston since the one in there was getting old.

Ended up swapping the dirt bike intake cam for the 08 carb intake cam. I did the port at the same time so hard to tell the difference solely from the cam but the bike is really awake now! Also swapped out my Flexx bars back to my ODI bars and the Precision clamps. It just felt like my steering was ever so slightly sluggish with the Flexx bars and I didn't like it.

Shocks and Vortex are with BNR. I sold my XC width a-arms and am switching to the MX width for the desert races. Hare scrambles will be a bit more difficult in the tight spots but I need the width for the desert. I will throw up some more pics once the install is all done.

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Dude your going to love the ported head. It's a little faster, but you can feel the pull and how it just has so much more power to get you going.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #148
Dude your going to love the ported head. It's a little faster, but you can feel the pull and how it just has so much more power to get you going.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
No joke! What a difference in the machine and that’s with no Vortex adjustments. That’s getting an update now so let’s see how this beast really awakens!

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #149
A few updates recently. Was bored recently (broke my wrist right before this whole mess) so decided to tackle the fuel tank install. I’m not permanently installing it since I’ll only use it for the desert but wanted to go through the process to make sure everything fits and is all lined up.

It came out decent and man this thing is huge. I recently switched back to a stock stem and with that the handlebars do hit right before full lock but I can swap back in my +1 for the desert when I need it.

Also ordered an RP Race 45mm throttle body that’s in the mail. Excited to see the power from that one once I can get back out there!

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #151
141 - 151 of 151 Posts