YFZ Central banner

121 - 140 of 151 Posts

·
Registered
5,815 Posts
Getting close to finishing the rebuild, mostly just awaiting the shocks. Finally got the new exhaust. Not bad, brand new and like 20% off. I'm in love with this thing.

Double check the caliper and muffler clearance before “sending it”. I seen a lot of pierced canisters over the years. Normally, it’s just a pin hole.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #124
I actually had a minor dent on my FMF 4.1 for the same reason, even without a long travel link. Years ago I had an issue with a Sparks when they had the older mounting system where the second muffler mount was a lot longer too.

This one I added two small washers in between the second mount and the muffler to make everything line up perfect and, since the rear shock was off at the time, I moved the swingarm through the travel and it actually cleared fine! I was pleasantly surprised.

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
My caliper hits my subframe braces before the exhaust. Just found that out this past weekend

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
The old sparks design was horrible when they first made them for the original yfz. I had one yea it was lower and the mid pipe that connected to the muffler was solid and would crack they eventually changed the design and they hooked me up when I ordered a new one for my old yfz

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #127
My caliper hits my subframe braces before the exhaust. Just found that out this past weekend

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Walsh braces? I always wondered if six point subframes and/or the lowered subframes would have this issue.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Amazing build! I’ve seen it in the Facebook pages as well! Your thread has a lot of good information. How are you liking your Fox Suspension set-up?

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #131
The exhaust is a big upgrade for me from the FMF. WAY more usable power, especially down low where I need it for XC racing.

The suspension is a world of difference once Derisi got his hands on them. I love them but they are personal preference. The air shocks take more maintenance but it doesn't really bother me. Some people like to just set them and forget them so in that case you would want conventional spring shocks.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #132
Sadly I ended up returning the LS4 shock guards. Just could not get a quality set without issues :(

On the bright side, my bumper is now in! I LOVE this thing and it will help make sure the next tree hit doesn't destroy my frame.

Also picked up a Fourwerx rear exhaust cover since the Sparks doesn't come with one.

·
Super Moderator
3,987 Posts
I like your oil return cover! If you get me your color scheme next year I'll order it to match your set!

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #135
My God is that bumper absolutely hideous

Haha it looks better in person. Regardless, if it saves me $700 and a metric ton of labor from snapping frames I am happy.

I like your oil return cover! If you get me your color scheme next year I'll order it to match your set!

Funny you mention that, I am actually looking into getting a new set of graphics as we speak. I just initiated it about 2 hours ago so it might be a couple weeks but hope to have something soon 8)

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #136
New graphics are printing as I type this, should have an update in a week or so ?

Also, for anybody curious, the Tusk magnetic drain plug for the YZ450F works on the YFZ450R’s. Ordered two and just put them in on my quad.

Also upgraded to Goldspeed beadlock front wheels (with covers) since I bent the last ones pretty good. Will have pictures once all the graphics are on.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #137
Finally got around to getting the graphics on, man am I happy how they came out!!

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #139
Added the FourWerx brake pedal and seat cover and man what a difference! A few simple mods that I didn't think were really necessary but I guess I didn't know what I was missing!

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Added the FourWerx brake pedal and seat cover and man what a difference! A few simple mods that I didn't think were really necessary but I guess I didn't know what I was missing!

Get the fasst Clevis and pin with the return spring. You'll be happy you did

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

121 - 140 of 151 Posts