YFZ Central banner

61 - 80 of 167 Posts

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
You guys are insane!! I asked for a stiffer throttle spring. I have a softer one when I had my TB done. I can't stand it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
You guys are insane!! I asked for a stiffer throttle spring. I have a softer one when I had my TB done. I can't stand it.

That’s because you’re coming from a banshee lol you have a strong thumb. I think the throttle and the clutch are comfortable on the r granted I haven’t had a race on it but

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
I'm fine for everyday riding. It's the 1 ½ hour or 2 hour races that start to kill my thumb. Looking forward to trying it out soon.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Just got word from the shop, it was a spring that let loose from my clutch basket :(

Well, I guess it could have been worse. Time to upgrade to a Hinson basket.

Reactions: Rippinwillys

·
Registered
310 Posts
Ugh... is this the common problem with '17+ YFZ engines?

Very sorry for your unfortunate situation. Hopefully it's back together sooner than later!

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Yeah, that's what I'm told. What a piece of crap those baskets are. It's barely been run.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
New Hinson clutch basket and threw in a new piston and rings and now she rips. Added some Kenda Kutter XC tires as well and am loving them.

Finally got to test the BNR throttle body spring and it is really nice. For me it gives the perfect amount of feedback without being stiff.

·
Registered
96 Posts
New Hinson clutch basket and threw in a new piston and rings and now she rips. Added some Kenda Kutter XC tires as well and am loving them.

Finally got to test the BNR throttle body spring and it is really nice. For me it gives the perfect amount of feedback without being stiff.
The BNR spring is sweet. Run that with a 400ex thumb throttle and see how you like it. I love that setup, almost like a 1/4 turn twist throttle.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

·
Registered
310 Posts

Are you still using the stock clutch setup besides outer basket?

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
I have a full Rekluse CX setup with the Hinson basket. I absolutely LOVE this clutch.

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
I have a full Rekluse CX setup with the Hinson basket. I absolutely LOVE this clutch.
I honestly think people that dont like the rekluse either 1. Didnt try it 2. Had it adjusted wrong 3. Had it on for one ride and didnt get used to it.
I see zero negatives to this clutch. I cant wait to get one for my rmz.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
I honestly think people that dont like the rekluse either 1. Didnt try it 2. Had it adjusted wrong 3. Had it on for one ride and didnt get used to it.
I see zero negatives to this clutch. I cant wait to get one for my rmz.

Or reason #4, they don't want other people to use it and gain the same advantage :grin2:

Reactions: Rippinwillys

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
Well I was doing great in the race this last weekend. Took second in the holeshot and swapped between first and second place the entire first lap and into the second lap. Not sure exactly what happened, might be dust or sun in my eyes or I just wasn't paying attention but crashed pretty good off of a jump that came out of nowhere. Photographer happened to be right after the jump so got some great photos. I'll post the full video on YouTube shortly since it's pretty hilarious, at least after the fact.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
Yeah, just a little sore both on body and pride but other than that I'll go race another day!

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
Yeah, just a little sore both on body and pride but other than that I'll go race another day!
I have spindles of you need. No other parts.
You race a lot. It must be nice, my season is short and condensed. Also we only have 1 district.
But glad to see you walk away and shrug it off. Always a good race when you leave under your own power

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
I have spindles of you need. No other parts.
You race a lot. It must be nice, my season is short and condensed. Also we only have 1 district.
But glad to see you walk away and shrug it off. Always a good race when you leave under your own power

In my haste to get parts I accidentally ordered two spindles already so no need for more lol. We (Florida Trail Riders) do Harescrambles from about September to April every other weekend except for a Christmas break. They also do Enduro races on the opposite weekends but I've never done one. I am super happy with the series though and someday would love to do the SORCS races in Georgia too but have to get better at finishing first lol.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
LS4 finally makes frame guards for the YFZ450R!! Got a set in before my last race and they look and feel pretty great. My DFR grip stickers were wearing away pretty quick so these should last MUCH longer, although the LS4 sticker only lasted one race but I didn't really want it on there anyways.

61 - 80 of 167 Posts