YFZ Central banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used the GYTR nerf bars, I was just wondering if they were good and does anyone know a easy was to lower the foot pegs one inch for a tall rider.
Thanks
Chris
robinsonatvracing.com

·
Registered
248 Posts
GYTR's alot nicer build quality than AC.............

·
Registered
40 Posts
THE GTYR NERFS ARE GREAT. THEY WENT ON EASILY AND LOOK GREAT. I HAVE A BUDDY THAT HAS AC PRO PEGS AND HE SAID THEY WERE A PAIN IN THE A$$ TO INSTALL. MY GTYR'S BOLTED UP PERFECT. PLUS THE AC HAVE AN ALUMINUM HEEL GUARD THAT WAS TO CLOSE AND DOES NOT LET YOUR FEET CENTER ON THE PEGS.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I also have the gtyr nerfs and they fit well and were easy
to install. I don't like the 2 inside nets that are supposed
to attach to the frame. Most other nerfs don't have these
addtional straps. Also the nets are very wide and thick!!
As with other nerf bars that I have assembled the stringing
of the bars with the netting is a big pain in the @ss.

·
Registered
741 Posts
get AC pro pegs for sure dude.
Mike

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
what about x-factor pro pegs without the AC heal gaurds that continually hit the back of your boot and steel pegs not aluminum

·
Registered
248 Posts
I've had a couple of sets of AC's on past bikes, they are crap compared to the GYTR in terms of fit, finnish, and quality the GYTR's are way better.

One set of AC's on my Raptor where so bad they where like 2" out of line for the front mounts we had to re bend them to get them on, one side had a different angle to the other, it was notciable, they also fitted the netting mounts to high at the foot peg side and you rub through the netting in no time with your boots........... basically AC's quality control sucks.......... hell the mounts on there skid plate didn't line up at all, we had to redrill the thing to get it on.............

I wouldn't bother with there producst again, there are better choices out there...................

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I have AC's and they went on without a hitch. No problems at all.
I have the heel guard and love them. I've used every inch of those pegs too.

The form/fit/function I think was incredible. It mounts to the engine mount bracket, make sure you get spacers - I didn't, but used a stack of washers, and mounts to the 2 pegs mounts. Went on in 15minutes with two 5 minute drinking breaks. :lol

I know people that have the GYT-Rs and they hate them. The front mount point was difficult to get to and they just don't like the coverage.

I would go the AC Pro Pegs, with guards if your feet wonder/slide around on hte pegs like mine do.

And if your foot rubs the net, loosen the net. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts