YFZ Central banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm interested in getting new nerfbars and i like tha ac ones that are reviewed on here....

is it better to get lighter ones though? these way 30 lbs the gytr's weight 12... does it really make a difference?

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
i have propegs and they DO NOT weigh 30lbs. 15 is a better estimate. i love the ac's. looks great, mount up easy, performace great as well. though, the gibson propegs appeal to me in the sense that they have replacable pegs, whereas teh ac propegs to not

·
Registered
325 Posts
The AC's definatley don't bolt up nice and easy, though...

·
Registered
107 Posts
The Arens one's bolt up GREAT and are under 15 lbs easily too. I 2nd that fact that AC's very rarely bolt up good at all.

·
Registered
631 Posts
my ac nerfs didn't bolt up very easy but they are good nerfs difinately not 30lbs.

andy

·
Registered
214 Posts
I like the arenas mainly because they come polished.... Even thou if hit Ac's with a bit of metal polish it will bring out a bit of shine in them....

·
Registered
446 Posts
AC regular nerfs are like 6 lbs or something. They weigh almost nothing. I bolted mine right on with ease. It took 10 minutes.

The GYT-R have a problem. Right where the heel of your boot comes off towards the shifter, there is a notch welded on for the nylon straps. It sticks out too far and is just on the wrong spot where it changes the fulcrum of your foot when you shift and is also very slippery.

·
Registered
210 Posts
our propegs only weigh 17 lbs. the size of the box is what makes it 30 lbs. shipping wieght. blame ups.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think i may get the arens, then look nice.... and are a good price too. :woo

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yeah, the ac's do look good... how hard where they to install?

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I have the AC Pro Peg Nefs with the kick guard and it took about 1/2 hr,..taking my time.

These are great and get rid of the stock black plastic crapguard.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
:sup
yo, yo, yo, got the same ac ones in the review section for 130!

thats what did it for me :rock

·
Registered
812 Posts
I just got my extreme engineering nerf bars (they're under the tree). I'm pretty sure they're no 30 lbs. though. Can't wait to get them on after Christmas.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Do the AC propegs still have aluminum footpegs or did they update that yet? I've seen AC's pegs worn all the way smooth! You can file them a few times but after a while, there's just nothing left.

Gibson propegs are stainless steel and replaceable.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts