YFZ Central banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am racing hare scrambles again this year. I have a 05 yfz450,I haven't really done anything with the suspension. I'm looking for some advice on what shocks I should get. I don't think I can afford front and rear at the same time so what should I start with first.

thank you

·
Registered
950 Posts
Definatly fronts first.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not really sure what I can spend yet. still laid off from work for a few more weeks at least. I guess whatever I need to spend. I'm 34 and riding vet B. I"m just doing this mostly for fun but am willing to spend money on things that I should to make this more fun and easier on my body. Last year I bought a rekluse clutch and twist throttle and a steering stabilizer after the first few races and that made the rest of the year fun. My problem is I've never messed around with suspension on anything before. On my sleds and 4 wheelers I usually just stiffened everything up so It wouldn't bottom out and rode as hard as I could till I broke something.

·
Registered
261 Posts
QUOTE (coumont660 @ Feb 23 2009, 02:22 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=749914
Not really sure what I can spend yet. still laid off from work for a few more weeks at least. I guess whatever I need to spend. I'm 34 and riding vet B. I"m just doing this mostly for fun but am willing to spend money on things that I should to make this more fun and easier on my body. Last year I bought a rekluse clutch and twist throttle and a steering stabilizer after the first few races and that made the rest of the year fun. My problem is I've never messed around with suspension on anything before. On my sleds and 4 wheelers I usually just stiffened everything up so It wouldn't bottom out and rode as hard as I could till I broke something.[/b]
If you feel comfortable, i wouldnt change a thing. Maybe just get your front and rears revalved if they alrdy havent been. If everyone is saying do the fronts first, id go that route. I did my rear first tho. On every obsticle that ive found. The way i ride and the way mines setup. My fronts feel good, from jumps to deep dips in the terrain. Its my rear that pogo sticks me forward a lot. I cant seem to get it dialed in no matter how i adjust it. So ive got a dual rate rear rebuilt by TCS coming, should be here tomorrow. Maybe its because im a small guy, bout 140 with all my gear on and the stock shocks are valved for a lot more weight then that.

Back on the topic at hand. Id say the fronts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts