YFZ Central banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking about having my wheels powder-coated black, would this have any bad effects on the wheels that i should know of----and would it even look good--thanks Danny

·
Registered
14 Posts
The p/c process has no effect to the condition of your wheels. I run black p/c'd wheels for looks only.

Have your wheels sand blasted prior to being p/c'd and it will stick better, last longer. 8)

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Anodizing would be alot better.

·
Premium Member
1,214 Posts
My wheels are anodized black. So far they're holding up great, and haven't scratched up. I'm not sure which way would be better, so once my wheels look like crap, I'll PC them, and see how long they last in that condition. The only thing bad about anodizing is that it will Fade in sunlight exposure. So the longer you leave your quad outside the lighter your wheels will become. After a while they will look like Chocolate....and mine are starting to fade some after 3 months riding in the dunes, and tracks. I do keep my bike inside my trailer as much as possible.

·
Registered
213 Posts
i have a set of omf black beadlocks they dont hold up that great (i think mine are anodized) they are for sale bye the way the have holeshots pm or email me if interested

·
Registered
304 Posts
no paint, powder, or anodized finish will last forever, so if you don't want to worry about chips, etc. your best bet is to go with standard aluminum wheels with the natural finish, or hipers.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the replies, i just had my hubs done and they turned out pretty good so i guess will do my wheels soon.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts