YFZ Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i know theres alot of jetting topics posted around and i have read just about all of them but i still cant figure this one out. my friend just picked up a 2006 yfz and it had the dual exhaust by lte. i told him if it was me i would take them off and sell them but he wants to keep them on. so anyways i have tryed to figure out the jetting but nothing seems to work. it runs like crap all the way threw the rpm range and blows huge flames out the exhaust. any help would be great anyone thats got them dialed in or could atleast give me a base line. the elevation is 300ft.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I don't know much about duel exhaust machines (the physics thereof), but it definitely sounds like a very lean condition.

Here's some things people need to know to further help you:

#1: What type of air filter and air box is he running? ie. no lid/pro flow w/ k&n filter+outerwear, etc
#2: Are the cams stock (modded)? Research Cam Mod and ask the person who he baught it from if it's been done.

Something i would do when I know the above is 1) clean the air filter, 2) clean the carb. 3) make sure the header(s) are torqued to spec to the head, 4) make sure all of the boots going from the carb to head and airbox/filter to carb are secure/tight. 5) check for leaks in your pipes from the head all the way to the silencer.

If you've done all of those, it's a jetting issue for sure. For starters, bump your main jet up 5-8 sizes. Your pilot up 3-5. Don't mess with the needle.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its a twin air air filter and hes running it with the lid on or off whatever one runs better. the cam mod hasnt been done to the machine yet. all the boots from the carb and to the carb are tight and the carbs clean. the flange on the head is tight but where it comes to the silencers its loose but he said they guy he got it from told him thats just how they are. also it had a 170 main in it and someone told him to bump it up to a 180 or 185 i dont remember and it didnt seem any better to me. he thinks it needs to go bigger but seems to me that a 180 up there in size.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts