YFZ Central banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
like i said got it to night went to brake it in and the the gas started to flow!. on the float bowl over flow tube gas in non stop comeing out! it's like my 450 is pissing and it won't stop. i would have figured ride it for about 5 mins and it should stop, but noooooooooo it kept coming. it not a drip it flooowwwwwwws out! wtf can i do besides taking it back for them to fix it?

josh :(

:yfz

G

·
Sounds like the floats stuck!

hit the float bowl wit the handle side of a screwdriver. That should fix it!

I dont hit it to hard but not to soft. :lol

If after 5 min. of tapping it doesnt work then im stumped. Im not a big carb fanatic. I just jet them and get the float unstuck. :D

Good luck!
Ray

·
Registered
196 Posts
Clutch123 is correct. Your float's probably stuck. We had this happen to a new one as well, actually right out of the crate when we filled her up. If I were you I'd take it back to the dealer and check out the carb. there could be some trash in there too. Ya you can do it yourself, but hey you got that 6 months basic warranty, use it. just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Clutch123 thx for the advice. i did it for about 5-10 min and nothing, it still leaks. no worries though cuase i have a apointment with the dealership to get a curtis sparks complete exhaust, k&n filter kit and a jet kit installed and the dealership told me that they would either fix it or replace the carb for free. so i'm not to streesed about it now. and mine was right out of a create also but i guess they didn't notice it doing this there. here's a wierd thing though when i cuise it or drive it down my road my buddy says it stop leaking out. hmmmm??? oh well it'll be fix tomarrow anyways. thx for the advice you guys.

josh

·
Registered
240 Posts
Same thing happened to me. Gas was leaking out of the overflow, then the whole bike hydrolocked. The starter would not even turn over... just a clicking noise when I tried to turn it on. I turned the gas off and repeated "flushing the system" After hitting the carb gently with a deadblow and nothing happened I took the carb apart, Cleaned and reassembled. Bike then started fine. There was a very tiny particle in the leak jet (blowoff jet) in the bottom of the float bowl.

Since I had it apart I replaced the leak jet with the new recommended replacement jet and was off and running. I talked to my local friend that used to work direct with Yamaha and he told me it is actually common for that carb to react this way. If you haven't replaced your leak jet you may consider it, I now don't have the problem of the bike trying to die after landing some of the bigger jumps when at the MX track. It acted like this before any modifications, and after I completed my mods, as I have seen some of the other people on the yfz sites complain about. Anyhow good luck.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Since its brand new, did you check to see that the bowl drain screw is tight?
I know it sounds too simple, but doesn't hurt to check.

·
Registered
240 Posts
the drain jet Leak jet) as I call it was replaced on mine with a smaller one. Its supose to reduce sluggish response at idle when you punch the throttle. Some of the guys are actually just taking out the jet and heating it up and closing it off. I just ordered a smaller one. Quite frankly I cant tell a difference in size, there both so damn small.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts