YFZ Central banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to order some new wheels and tires today. I wanted to get 9x9 dwt on the rear but rockymountain atv only has the 10x9(10= diameter, 9=width). I dont know of that is too tall for what i use it for.Is a 10 inch tall wheel to tall? The quad will mostly be used on some fast trails and a sand/mine pit with some nice jumps as well. They do have the 9x9 itp wheel but the picture of the polished wheel does not look as good as the dwt wheel.Does anyone know if the itp polished looks as good as the dwt? So the question is do i go with the 10x9(10= diameter, 9=width) dwt or the 9x9 itp t-9?? They have a deal where if you spend 500 you get 100 off..so i want to order asap..Thanks

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
i think if you just ride trails and pits mostly a 10x9 should be fine. personally i like the look of this itp's better but either one would be a good choice. just pick which one you like better.

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
its gunna be harder finding tires for the 10-9 but whatever blows your skirt up man

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
my concern is durability...i will be doing some jumping..just not like 80 ft jumps or anything like that.. i really want the 9x9...

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
hey captain obvious, hes got enough choices already lol

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
nope, it will work fine.

i've used a 20-11x8 tyre on 8x8 rims in a XC application with no problem. a 9x8 rim will be even safer.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE (YFZ450 #69 @ Feb 10 2009, 10:02 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=745040
nope, it will work fine.

i've used a 20-11x8 tyre on 8x8 rims in a XC application with no problem. a 9x8 rim will be even safer.[/b]

dont you get alot of roll in turns with as much side wall as you have?? stock wheels were 9x9 so i figured that was a good overall size wheel.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts