YFZ Central banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I won't say which company did this to me, but I had ordered a pro-flow K&N and gytr jet kit, and they sent me a dynojet kit. So I decided to at least try the dynojet kit. I put in the pro-flow, removed air box lid, and pulled out pea shooter, these are the only mods I have done. I jetted to dynojet's specs for stage 2 which meet the exact mods I had done. But the problem is the setup sucks!! I end up with a huge lean spot on the bottom. I have richened the mixture screw, that doesn't do it. So I lowered teh clip on the needle and that got rid of the lean spot on bottom, but made it way to fat on top revs. And no matter what, I always get a huge backfire and flame from the pipe on decelerration...and that I haven't been able to fix. Should I ditch the jet kit and go to keihen jets again? What settings is everyone running below 3000ft.??

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I'm thinking that iw the way to go. But I have tried 1.5 all the way to 3 turns on the mix screw and still get the backfire!! I've also heard you can have lean and rich backfires. But is it possible that since the dynojet kit doesn't have a pilot, that I'm still getting a lean backfire? It's a blue flame, not orange or red that shows at night when she blows! :angry

1 - 3 of 3 Posts