YFZ Central banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my 05 Yfz has one stripped nut on my chain adjusters. Any suggestions for getting it off? Heat it? Spray some penetrating oil on it? Vice grip both the bolt and nut?

let me know

thanks

·
Premium Member
7,356 Posts
QUOTE (YFZS=MYBABY @ Feb 26 2009, 12:04 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=751208
the nuts on the bolts are the stripped thing[/b]
your talking about the nuts themselves, not the threads?

you might have to pull the axle off, and pull the carrier out to get those out, unless you can loosen your chain and slide the carrier back enough to get the bolts out. (try taking the front sprocket off, loosen the chain, slide the carrier back all the way, and take the bolts out)

then just either get new nuts, or get new bolts and nuts. no biggie.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Is the chain adjustment different on his 05 than my 07? I don't reacall removing or lossening any nuts, just my allen head bolts back there.

..then again, maybe I just don't know what the he\\ you guys are talking about. :icon_eek:

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE (leveldrummer @ Feb 26 2009, 12:28 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=751215
your talking about the nuts themselves, not the threads?

you might have to pull the axle off, and pull the carrier out to get those out, unless you can loosen your chain and slide the carrier back enough to get the bolts out. (try taking the front sprocket off, loosen the chain, slide the carrier back all the way, and take the bolts out)

then just either get new nuts, or get new bolts and nuts. no biggie.[/b]

yea i got new nuts and bolts.........and yes to the guy who asked if the 05 and 07 were different...they are different chain adjustment systems

·
Premium Member
7,356 Posts
QUOTE (YFZS=MYBABY @ Feb 27 2009, 12:49 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=751743
yea i got new nuts and bolts.........and yes to the guy who asked if the 05 and 07 were different...they are different chain adjustment systems[/b]
well its just a matter of sliding the carrier back far enough to get the old ones out. i think even with the locked nuts on, you should be able to loosen the 2 10mm bolts. just have to get the room in there so they arent backing into the swingarm...

if you have an aftermarket chain, with a master link, take the chain off, slide it back, if not....errrr..... it might be a bit more of a pain in the arse.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The 05 swingarm has 2 bolts going from one side of the carrier to the other. It does not have the two adjusting nuts like most swingarms. The two bolts holding the carrier in are what you loosen to adjust the chain.

·
Premium Member
7,356 Posts
QUOTE (gsxr_yfz450 @ Feb 28 2009, 08:58 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=752253
The 05 swingarm has 2 bolts going from one side of the carrier to the other. It does not have the two adjusting nuts like most swingarms. The two bolts holding the carrier in are what you loosen to adjust the chain.[/b]
there are two adjuster bolts/lock nuts that push the carrier back, there is one on each side of the swingarm, they screw into the carrier and butt up against the little tabs on the swingarm, you can them out to force the carrier down, then tighten the long bolts through the carrier.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts