YFZ Central banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone this is my first post on any forum ever lol. I’ve been reading forums for a long time, just haven’t ever posted... Any input on my new bike build would be much appreciated!

I am going to pick up a 2008 raptor 250 se (orange edition) today and want to trick this thing out!!!
The bike is 100% stock and in beautiful condition being that the original owners kept the bike in their living room all these years.

Anyhow I’ve got a decent budget and want you’re opinions on what to upgrade. I’ve been looking into the HMF full exhaust, jet kit, k&n intake to start. Later down the road I want to go the CT racing route, upgrade the motor with the CT racing package, Dynatek ignition, bigger carb. Basically I want that 30 rear wheel Hp they claim the rappy 250 can have!
What do you guys think???

·
Registered
923 Posts
If it’s all stock the first upgrades are fine but you might want to look at shocks after that. The stock ones probably aren’t going to work great once you start going fast.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
If you plan on spending lots and lots of money into it might as well get a honda TRX400EX.

After pipe jetting carb intake and suspension call it a day. And nerf bars too.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If it’s all stock the first upgrades are fine but you might want to look at shocks after that. The stock ones probably aren’t going to work great once you start going fast.
Yeah I agree, first upgrades are mandatory. Was looking at elka shocks in the future. Any other shock brand you recommend?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you plan on spending lots and lots of money into it might as well get a honda TRX400EX.

After pipe jetting carb intake and suspension call it a day. And nerf bars too.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
I already have a built yfz450... plus the 400ex’s aren’t my fancy. I just want a small bike that’s baddddd a$$$
I kinda want to be one of those guys with a Sleeper 250 that shows up and smokes 400ex’s lol
so that’s why I wanna do all of these upgrades

·
Registered
923 Posts
Not sure if you’re limited based on that quad but I have some Motowoz and love them.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi everyone this is my first post on any forum ever lol. I’ve been reading forums for a long time, just haven’t ever posted... Any input on my new bike build would be much appreciated!

I am going to pick up a 2008 raptor 250 se (orange edition) today and want to trick this thing out!!!
The bike is 100% stock and in beautiful condition being that the original owners kept the bike in their living room all these years.

Anyhow I’ve got a decent budget and want you’re opinions on what to upgrade. I’ve been looking into the HMF full exhaust, jet kit, k&n intake to start. Later down the road I want to go the CT racing route, upgrade the motor with the CT racing package, Dynatek ignition, bigger carb. Basically I want that 30 rear wheel Hp they claim the rappy 250 can have!
What do you guys think???
I would go with the gyre full exhaust over the hmf, that’s what I had on my raptor 250 and it looked, sounded, and preformed amazing

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I would go with the gyre full exhaust over the hmf, that’s what I had on my raptor 250 and it looked, sounded, and preformed amazing
okay I’ll look into that, so they sell a jet kit to go with the exhaust? Or what jetting should I do after exhaust,cdi,intake upgrades?

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
If you were planning on going with the ct kit in the future why not start out with a ct exhaust for now so when the time comes for the motor work ct will have you all set up

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If you were planning on going with the ct kit in the future why not start out with a ct exhaust for now so when the time comes for the motor work ct will have you all set up
Hah funny you say that! I was literaly just looking at the stage 1 CT kit. They say that jus the pipe alone brings up the HP from 15-16(stock) to 20. So with a good air filter, re jetting, better CDI. Should I be in the low 20’s for HP? 22-23? That should be noticeable difference!

·
Registered
4 Posts
okay I’ll look into that, so they sell a jet kit to go with the exhaust? Or what jetting should I do after exhaust,cdi,intake upgrades?
You can buy the Gytr jet kit but I switched from that to the moose jet kit and it was a lot better. Another mod I would recommend is drop your front sprocket 1 or 2 teeth for more low end power without loosing top speed

·
Registered
923 Posts
You can buy the Gytr jet kit but I switched from that to the moose jet kit and it was a lot better. Another mod I would recommend is drop your front sprocket 1 or 2 teeth for more low end power without loosing top speed
You can't lower your front sprocket without losing top speed. That's quite impossible.

Reactions: atvman8351

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks I think I’ve decided on the CT kit and that comes with jets as well, if those don’t work, I’ll look into the moose jet kit

1 - 15 of 15 Posts