YFZ Central banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New at this forum You guys!!
So I just got a 2005 yfz 450 and first thing I did was getting a - slip on- jets-and K&N filter and outwear remove the lid of the air box and did the zip tie mod.... Its fast but its never enough! :lol Iwant to do something else so I can catch up wt the friends.. 1 of them has a Honda 250 2 stroke stock, and the other one has a raptor 700 stock... Im big 235lbs...
thanks n advance!!

·
Registered
592 Posts
Do the cam mod. Best of all, free. Re-sale the slip on, and get a full exhaust, preferably Dasa, Monster, or Rossier.. in that order. If noise is not an issue, go for the shorty Dasa or Monster in that order. Call up FatBoy and get yourself an FCI intake. If the oil mod hasn't been done yet, do that first, and then tell the 250R & Raptor to keep up! Lol. Welcome to the site brotheran!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do the cam mod. Best of all, free. Re-sale the slip on, and get a full exhaust, preferably Dasa, Monster, or Rossier.. in that order. If noise is not an issue, go for the shorty Dasa or Monster in that order. Call up FatBoy and get yourself an FCI intake. If the oil mod hasn't been done yet, do that first, and then tell the 250R & Raptor to keep up! Lol. Welcome to the site brotheran!
thanks for the reply man! im looking at the monster shorty, cam mod I find it step by step,, just a lil lost on the "oil mod" thanks again!8)

·
Premium Member
1,787 Posts
thanks for the reply man! im looking at the monster shorty, cam mod I find it step by step,, just a lil lost on the "oil mod" thanks again!8)
Search "oil mod" or "oil upgrade" basically 04-06 bottom ends lack proper oiling of the wrist pin area,so intern with poor maintnance(which is common) and sometimes just bad luck,it's a matter of time until the bottom end seizes up and destroys itself,it's one of the first mods you should look into

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for all the help guys.. so heres what I did... I just ordered a dasa shorty full exhaust,, order the new cover wt the oil mod and the fci intake,,, big cuestion is how much power im getting? al this im getting VS what I used to have?
thanks! 8):clap

·
Registered
592 Posts
thanks for all the help guys.. so heres what I did... I just ordered a dasa shorty full exhaust,, order the new cover wt the oil mod and the fci intake,,, big cuestion is how much power im getting? al this im getting VS what I used to have?
thanks! 8):clap
Cant put a numerical value on it (someone could), but you will notice a huge seat of the pants difference when tuned (jetted) correctly. The YFZ is stingy as far as numerical value HP / Mods(upgrades) go, but I still prefer mine over any TRX or LTR I have ridden. Hadn't tried the KFX yet, but assume it would be no different lol.

Congrats. You just purchased the best exhaust and intake for the YFZ IMO. Intake, for sure. You will be happy my friend! Very happy!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.