YFZ Central banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum and thank for haveing me. I have a 2006 YFZ 450SE. I have a yoshimira ( I think that's soelled right lol ) exhaust, K&N air filter with open box and re jetted. I bout this bike used so not entirely sure about the jetting. As for as upgrades go, that is it. I believe I want to start getting into the engine but not sure what to do. I just wanted some suggestions on some good set ups and upgrades to do. Heads, cam, etc. what the best I could do, best mods for the money. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks guys

·
Registered
592 Posts
Welcome to the site. Yoshi is spelled correct, but "spelled" isn't. If it hasn't had the "oil mod" done yet, that should be your first rodeo. Experiencing any hesitation or bog? Try the zip tie mod. Want a little more power out of your exhaust? Sell the Yoshi, and get a Dasa, Monster or Barker. Scrap the K & N, and snatch a Fuels Custom Intake (FCI). Put your stock cam in the modded position, along with a proper tune, and that should keep you happy for a while until the mod bug bites down again lol. Post some pics of it!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I actually did the zip tie mod the night, ran out of light but need to tune the carb, believe it's running lean, still has a bog and the pipe turn red after a min or two of idle. I'm not very advanced at these quads, more of a beginner. So not exactly sure what the modded position of the cam is. Sorry don't want to sound like a dummy.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Actually..."Yoshimura" was spelled wrong. I have learned to not worry about the small details of posts because all focus seems to get lost...case in point! But that was some funny [email protected]&$ Squirrel Master!

What were we discussing....oh yeah....

Use the search function to research the cam mod. Everything you need to know is in this forum you just need to find it. Squirrel was right on about everything else to get you going faster. The only way to make things easier would be to trade that carb bike for a fuel injected version...much faster and way easier to work on (I'm feeling a little saucy this morning...let the hate and bashing begin!).

·
Super Moderator
3,149 Posts
Porting will get you great gains, raising the compression ( above 12.5:1) will gain also but then you will need to run race fuel so it might be a $$$ trade off.

·
Super Moderator
3,149 Posts
You will gain on the top end, did mine in 06 and love it.

it's free and if you don't like it just change it back...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.