YFZ Central banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im new rider looking to improve the exhaust on my YFZ, and Im looking into sparks, yoshimura Comp, and the GYT-R titanium exhaust? I dont know maybe there is another one I should be looking into but I dont know. could someone give me some advise Im looking for a good exhaust system that will produce some great power low and mid range areas?

thanks for you help
Ryan 8)

·
Premium Member
579 Posts
I have the GYTR carbon fiber with headpipe and it is awesome! It really wakes this thing up! You can also get a quiet insert for it if you need it later for that run to your local park or dunes.

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
I've also got the GYTR carbon with header and found a very noticeable difference in low rpms power even when compared to the stock pipe with the sparky removed. It will pull strong from a lot lower rpm range.. found the YFZ is now more rideable when not fully wound out. Highly recommended from my experience. Comes with a US forestery approved spark arrestor also with the option to purchase a quiet core.

Fits the kicker also.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I am still running my stocker, but plan on upgrading to a Yoshi full stainless sysetm soon. The Yoshi system I have on my KFX is very nice. The welds are PERFECT and the piping clears everything just right. I am also very impressed with the sound. I'm not sure about the tri-oval YFZ's stainless system, but the TEC inserts that fit my comp system for the KFX are very nice. Dyno results show almost the same HP with the medium insert vs. no insert, yet db's are around 96 w/ the medium insert. Once I confirm that the new tri-oval system for the YFZ can use the TEC inserts, I'll be buying one.

One word of advice with Yoshi...they have horrible jetting specs on their pipes for the Z400/KFX. They suggest a 150 main with no air box lid and their pipe, but the 150 is too lean. The HP numbers for their pipes would be much higher if they jetted their test bikes better. I don't know what they suggest w/ the YFZ, but it's probably a 165 main at best.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have the duncan fat boy 4. It makes alot more power than the gytr. I have rode bikes with sparks,stock,hfm,gytr and i think that the duncan pipe is the best.

·
Premium Member
2,978 Posts
Sparks all the way!!!! and you can buy it from your site sponsor, helping to support this site! Youll also recieve 10% off

Attachments

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Soooo...

How much can I get the sparks for from ya...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts