YFZ Central banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to my motor cycle dealer tomarrow and iam going to get some paddles. I want to get the Skat Trak extremes but i dont know what size or how many paddles. i am running a stock YFZ but plan on taking the baffle out and doing the cam mod and possibably putting a pipe on later down the road. Also i want to get the buff front tires but i once again dont know what size or what brand i should go with. Also what do you guys think of this dune setup? I like to jump, drag and slide around. Any info would be greatly appreaciated

·
Registered
212 Posts
I have 20x10x10 9 paddle haules and have no trouble spinning these tires also have the buffed mohawk in the front great combo

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Get 20x10x10 8 paddle. You do not want to many paddles because then you are pulling too much tires. The front I would say 20x6 then whatever rim size, I heard baldies work better than mohawk etc. However with extreme haulers you will not be able to slide. I would suggest 20x10x10 8 paddle. I do not know much about sand though.

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
I have the 8 paddle Skat Trak Extremes on my Z400 w/ pipe and filter only and i can manage a second gear start easily...... so im sure u could get 9 or 10 paddles on the YFZ and hav no problems at all...... i myself, would probably get 9 so i could try a 2nd gear start :)

·
Registered
625 Posts
If you want to save some serious coin go to www.rockymountainatv.com If you plan on doing a lot of sliding around and play riding get 8 paddle 20x10x10 Skat Trak edge paddles. If you wanna go straight and hillshoot more than turn get 8 paddle extremes if you want to go in a straight line faster than a guy next to you get 70" rollout 7 paddle triple-buff ultralights from Sparks. Front tires, I have always ran Skat Trak buff mowhawks and have never had a problem with drag. 21x7x10. Also depending on what rear tire you decide on make sure you get the correct wheel width.
Isaac

1 - 7 of 7 Posts